PDA

View Full Version : gas prices and SUVs

EricB
03-15-2003, 10:33 PM
first off not that i have anything against SUV's most of them are sorta alright. like 4runners, blazers, landcruisers and stuff. but it's great how all of these upper middle class idiots arround here bought these big stupid SUVs to look cool and now they're selling them. why do you ask? gas prices are at about 2 bucks a gallon here in oregon. it's pretty out of controll, but it's alright i'm still glad i have my toyota. i guess they should have realized that the point of 4 wheel drive is to use it in winter weather conditions or for offroad. not for pounding pavement and trying to look cool. i guess people realize what they get for being so vain.

haha anyone else seeing this arround where they live?

Giz400ex
03-16-2003, 12:44 AM
I haven't seen alot SUV's go up for sale. Matter of fact, I haven't seen any!! But I do understand on what your saying. But, I think that most of people that have SUV's have them for a reason like.....kids!!!. Yeah, there sucking gas right and left right now and those types vehicles are why where paying $2.00 gal. Also, pick-up trucks suck gas pretty good too!! I have a Dodge 1500 w/318 and I drive about 50miles round trip to work everyday and I go through at least $50 a week in gas and its starting to hurt a little bit in the pockets!!! So I had to buy a little 4 cylinder Jetta to get me to work cheaper. I feel bad for the people that use Diesel, because there paying through the ying yang here!!

trailburner
03-16-2003, 01:07 AM
Ya I have SUV [not for sale] & have a family that's one of the reasons i bought it, I knew when i bought it that it was going to suck gas,but i guess that's the price you pay for the convenience of having one......

hotrodhonda400
03-16-2003, 01:16 AM
Well guess i'm an idiot because i'm not sellin ,and i also bought it for other reasons than to look cool!:rolleyes:

hotrodhonda400
03-16-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by trailburner
Ya I have SUV [not for sale] & have a family that's one of the reasons i bought it, I knew when i bought it that it was going to suck gas,but i guess that's the price you pay for the convenience of having one...... you said it!!;)

bansheerider_13
03-16-2003, 01:33 AM
well gas prices around here arent 2 bucks yet there staying around $1.65 but i drive a diesel and its a $1.95 a gallon and when u got a 40 gallon tank trust me it sucks when i go to fill it up in fact i am lucky tho that i have another truck b/c i cant afford driving that truck anymore so im just running my 91 ford f-150 it still drinks gas but not nearly as bad as the diesel

EricB
03-16-2003, 06:27 AM
no i'm talking about the MILFs who drive them, lifeted with big tires and lights and stuff. basicly a show truck that doesn't goto shows. ahh nm, it's funny someone sent me a IM on AIM telling me i'm a poor jealousl POS. haha i make 1600 dollars a month i'm not poor. also if you would like to setup a time to meet so i can talk to you face to face that would be great. PM me for info man, i'll be waitin for ya...AIMSN NoFeArBaBiE048

wyndzer
03-16-2003, 06:42 AM
I have an Avalanche and my wife has a Tahoe, I like big cars. I hate being crampt when I'm driving.

Pappy
03-16-2003, 06:43 AM
my suv...a 2002 jeep grand cherokee with the aluminum headed 300 horse v-8 gets 19 city and 25 highway. i dont reckon thats too bad for a suv.

and if i wanted to lo0ok cool id go buy me a hummer:devil

hotrodhonda400
03-16-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by EricB
no i'm talking about the MILFs who drive them, lifeted with big tires and lights and stuff. basicly a show truck that doesn't goto shows. ahh nm, it's funny someone sent me a IM on AIM telling me i'm a poor jealousl POS. haha i make 1600 dollars a month i'm not poor. also if you would like to setup a time to meet so i can talk to you face to face that would be great. PM me for info man, i'll be waitin for ya...AIMSN NoFeArBaBiE048 who are you talkin about, calm down man.

MILF_HUNTER
03-16-2003, 06:58 AM
uh well diesel feul is a little bit cheaper here in canada than gas.
and arn't diesels suppose to have better feul efficiency. cus my buddies diesel gets 35 mpg in his truck. powerstrokes are suppose to be not to bad on feul considering there size. il drive a diesel anyday over a gas powered motor

bansheerider_13
03-16-2003, 07:03 AM
i get about 17 miles 2 the gallon in my diesel yea its not bad for the size and power of it but i would just rather drive my truck that gas is a $1.65 and gets about the same gas mileage instead of paying a buck $1.95 a gallon