PDA

View Full Version : Transmission wear collars

Honda 250r 001
03-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Does any company make new wear collars for the gears on a 250r? My gears measure out fine but a few of the collars are starting to get a little sloppy causing the gear to have some play on the main and countershafts. Let me know if anyone makes these new.
Thanks
Will!

fourtrax_r
03-25-2013, 09:16 PM
i know these guys do. i had a few transmissions repaired that had the dogs beat up and they came back with all new collars in them. they do amazing work
www.r-dmotorsports.com/contactus.htm

Rich250RRacer
03-26-2013, 10:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
[B]Does any company make new wear collars for the gears on a 250r? My gears measure out fine but a few of the collars are starting to get a little sloppy causing the gear to have some play on the main and countershafts. Let me know if anyone makes these new.
Thanks

If you're using specs from the OEM Honda service manual, take those specs with a grain of salt. A few years back, I mic'd the main shaft and counter shaft in my tranny, and both were right at minimum spec. Being very picky and thorough, I decided to replce them. I bought the shafts new, and just out of curiousity, checked these too. The brand new shafts were right at the minimum spec too. What do you trust in a situation like this?