PDA

View Full Version : Njorvp Chatsworth Nj Is Still There!

varner88
03-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Hey guys im from south jersey and grew up riding at NJORVP when it was open. I recently got back into riding and picked up a kawi450. Anyway took a ride down the road about 15 mins away to the old site of NJROVP in Chatsworth. Took the trail before the bridge. Anyway heres my gopro vid of how it is today. the tracks are still there however very beat up. The trails are not bad at all! If you scroll to 4:45 in the video it brings you to the entrance of the park.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o1fDzRrg6eo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o1fDzRrg6eo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

CJM
03-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Ive known it was there for a long time now. But it was questionable if the 5-0 would come and bother you or not.

With sarco being a giant land of whoops and the 5-0 bothering you there, to couches pit being pretty much patrolled to forked river/lacey and claytons and everywhere inbetween-they either patrol it or at least check on the areas often enough they nab you and thats it.

NJ doesnt want us riding anywhere sadly. Im glad you guys had a good time there and no one called the 5-0 on you.

And they open a crappy offroad park on 10 acres and expect people to go there...right. West virgina got it right, make a trail system with tax dollars out of existing trails, legalize riding, make permits you gotta buy and watch the money roll in.

varner88
03-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah its been about 6 years since ive been here. I actually sold everything when they shut down. Now I have 2 daughters and got my oldest who is 3 into riding. I have a bunch of spots by me I can ride at. Couches doesnt bother us anymore if we stay in the back away from the equipment. I normally go to frenchies which is private and allowed to ride in per the owner. I actually have a few local cops over there who told me its ok to ride there. I mostly go there because I can park where we ride which is easier for my fiancé, daughter and myself.

The reason I even went over here is because a few weeks ago i was passing and saw a bunch of trucks and uhauls with people riding. I dont think the cops are going to come out because theres no houses nearby.

CJM
03-24-2013, 09:05 PM
It would be super nice if they left ya alone. Im thinking they are bothering people b/c of the intake of money from tix and the fact word got out with the internet and people come from all over now-get hurt and then sue.

Gotta say tho, best pit still around is claytons imho.

Was at forked river/lacey over by ex74 awhile back and buddies got tix cause they parked out in open (just parking tix tho 50 bucks) but I hid my truck in the woods and they didnt even bother with me. Good spot but just open trails, no jumps or anything.

varner88
03-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah let me see if I can find videos of the place I currently go to. I ride with State troopers as well so we really dont get bothered.

varner88
03-24-2013, 09:11 PM
This is Frenchies by me.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151928247462119" width="960" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>

and this one below is in bayvilel

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151921620487119" width="960" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>

CJM
03-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Cant see your videos, says "either removed or no visible b/c of privacy settings."

varner88
03-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Ahh. thats because they are from facebook. Idk how to embed them any other way I havnt uploaded them to youtube yet

CJM
03-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Ah. Ill just wait for the YT upload.

deathman53
03-26-2013, 08:23 PM
just to let you guys know. A few weeks ago, when I drove past it, there was a orange chain and poles blocking the main entrance. There is very similar of a thing at the "road" before the RR bridge, no trespassing signs appeared and there was a cop sitting under it.