PDA

View Full Version : Aonia Video

thequadfather+2
03-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Ok here it is. Just a few shots from Aonia. Cool and cloudy of Friday during practice and then came Saturday....

I didnt get much more, couldnt keep the camera dry. I did get a few more shots of our spotlight riders we will get to see later.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YJSjSpYLjrQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

03-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Looks like our 1st round at Woodland MX Park. Mini's only lasted 2 motos before 3/4's of the field had blown up!!! Braaapp

hensonfamfun
03-25-2013, 06:47 AM
Wow!!! Thats just nasty! I heard it was bad but DANG!!! Just call that race Hurricane Aonia!

jay-r
03-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Great job Bruce on showing just how nasty it really was. I don't know how you kept the camera dry that long. Nothing on me was dry. It wasn't raining when we were getting ready that morning. Just started right before we went to staging. Only had time for a quick attempt at waterproofing. It was heartbreaking to see the quads quit like that. At least I wasn't alone. Expensive weekend to get 0 points. :(

RCR_531
03-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Great job as always.

nastynotchback1
03-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Water proofing was near impossible.Tanner rode all the laps with no problems and then half way through the last lap the filter got water in it.Tanner was able to finish but just by the skin of his teeth.

Worst then that he had to stop only after 3 turns to remove his googles.

edwardsp&b
03-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Just going through and counting every quad that was barley pulling due to water and mud in the motor. Every engine builder is running crazy today looking for cranks, bearings, seals, cylinders....etc...... Sucks to have to race in that! But it was sure alot of fun watching:D
Bryan

Logan #34's Dad
03-25-2013, 12:00 PM
What a waist of time and money eh?
There sure are alot of engine builders with smiles today with fatter wallets.
All I know is, I will have a permanant airbox from this round forward.

Then had a 2 hour traffic jam on the way home. ugg. bad weekend

thequadfather+2
03-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Logan made it until he got just past me. He was walking away then it started in the whoops/rythm section. It was like Maryland two years ago....

#404's Dad
03-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Worst race weekend EVER lol, 2nd in HS in Mod Jr, catching leader at .5 lap point and blew it up, decided we are not going out for the 90 Prod/Limited class and blowing another motor but a very last min decision, Very Last Minute he geared up, I taped up and we headed up, got HS and led all 3 laps.

Stayed up late replacing blown mod motor even though there would be absolutely nothing to gain on Sun we were there to race, so replaced broke in at about 2 am :D and taped up Super Good we were ready for Sun only to be woke up to a Canceled event :( .

The drive home wasn't any better 3 inches of snow on unplowed I-75 brought us to a halt 138 miles from home in a Wally Mart parking lot for the night.

see y'all in 3 weeks :)

As usual AWESOME video Bruce!!!

edwardsp&b
03-25-2013, 01:29 PM
That sucks Corey!!!!! I got home a little after 9am, and crawled in the warm bed with my wife.......Before I closed my eyes for a good nap, I was thinking about all of your poor guys traveling back up into that bad weather. Glad to hear most made it home in a decent time. I poked my head out of the camper at 730am and heard the that it had been canceled, 20 minutes later we were pulled out of the mud and headed home.

Im pretty sure that was worse than Budds Creek 2 years ago.......
Bryan

Logan #34's Dad
03-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Did you all hear about the Shelton's ride home? Holy Moly! Lucky to be alive! I guess a front tire blew on their diesel pusher, when off the right side of the highway and totaled the RV and trailer. Pics on Cody's Facebook.

#404's Dad
03-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Yep seen pics, looks horrible.

bigdeal00
03-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Great job as always Bruce !!! Man you can see how bad we are ate up with it after seeing again just how nasty it was and us and our riders still ready to go.. RACEAMPHETIMINE...the drug sweeping the nation...At least we get to keep our teeth.

neveready
03-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Awesome quality as always! I have no idea how you managed to keep the camera dry. It was awful there!

Would you happen to have the race coverage of the 90mod Jr class?

t.hale17
03-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Great job Bruce. Thanks for all your hard work promoting the sport we love. I have told many now when I show them the video there mouth is normally wide open!

thequadfather+2
03-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the props guys. I did not get much of the 90-jr. I had the camera bagged but the lens was still getting wet and the touch screen, finally I just gave up. It stopped raining for a little while at the end of the day but most of the racing was done.

We still got a lot of racing to go so we will try to get plenty of footage of the youth classes. We will try to have another season DVD at the end of the year at Loretta's just like last year.

#404's Dad
03-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
I did not get much of the 90-jr. I had the camera bagged but the lens was still getting wet and the touch screen, finally I just gave up.

Dang that sucks, was curious to see that one too, Trevor blew up a 1/2 lap in but the Winner's last lap was only a couple seconds off the Pro lap times and was curious to see that lap.

neveready
03-26-2013, 03:03 PM
We are all curious about that one... lap one and lap 3 dont make much sense, and itd be easy to miss a mistake in that weather:confused:

We didnt put the go pro on with the fear of the weather and it getting mud covered. Sure wish we would have..