PDA

View Full Version : Custom Axis shock adjustment

J51S
03-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Hey guys, im having an issue setting my ride height. Rear of quad is at a good height but the front has this dip forward.. Im running +3 roll mx arms with used custom axis i bought. They were supposingly set up for 180lb houser +3 arms. Shocks measure 18.75 eye to eye and im thinking they should be more towards 19.25. Is there anway to lengthen the rod? This is with preload ring all the way down comp on 8th notch. Shocks have about an inch of sag.

DnB_racing
03-24-2013, 07:10 PM
were in mass are you from?

and were have you been riding the last few years, any issues with no trespassing or areas getting closed down?

but as far as the shocks go... that's the problem with buying used shocks, you still need to have them setup for your arms, weight and riding along with a good tuning and rebuild....

you could send them out for a refitting and rebuild...

but sometimes its actually cheaper just buying them for your setup, after the initial used price along with the rebuild price, sometimes its not that much different unless you got a real good deal to start with

J51S
03-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Ya thats what i did with my last set of old peps, and i got these for 400$ even if there was a way to add a spacer under the preload ring thatd prob help a bit. With the first race approaching and just getting this thing going now funds are low..

As for riding im from western ma, i have a cpl private places to ride, and our local track here in Granby got shut down this yr by the town.