PDA

View Full Version : BDT Leager build

DnB_racing
03-24-2013, 10:33 AM
Im finally going to start one of my builds, I've been accumulating parts for well over a year for this, and I probably have enough for at least 2, but im going to do the best one first

main parts going to consist of:
mint 2001 leager narrow protrax frame,
chrome a-arms, chrome sub frame, black frame,
PEP shocks
fourwerx carbon parts plus titanium
363 BDT pro ported and flowed sphinx,
cr250r ignition (possible lighting option)
40.5 keihn carb with air box eliminator
Hinson quick change cover oem clutch with 400ex mod
sonic WURKS hand coned (Selvy) custom built pipe
maybe brake out the mint 89 oem plastics ( I haven't decided yet)or use the full-bore??? not sure on this but I've got plenty of time to decide on this..

plus much more as you all know there is always more

more and better pics will be added as soon as some parts return from chrome and I get a better camera :)

PS.. not going to be a quick build, might take a few months to complete..:scary:

DnB_racing
03-24-2013, 06:25 PM
here is a pic before arms, sub frame and swing arm are done...

the chrome on the front a-arms wasn't bad but im being very picky I want this to pass the ATV riders approval.. so please be honest if I miss anything along the way.. thanks

DnB_racing
03-24-2013, 06:32 PM
here is how it sits now with everything waiting to return..

don't mind the shop being a mess its been a long winter

jerorski
03-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Nice, looks like the setup that addicted to mud had on ebay a while back.

DnB_racing
03-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by jerorski
Nice, looks like the setup that addicted to mud had on ebay a while back. good eye!! yep this is the one, the frame looks like it wasn't ever even ran... not even any boot burn on the frame rails. original powder is immaculate literally no scratches or rock dings at all I don't even think the protrax spindles have ever seen dirt I've seen new out of box parts with more marks then these...

it does look at some point someone swapped sub frames this one was repainted but still nice, but im stripping and chroming it anyways, as its very strait just I think the chrome would look better

jerorski
03-24-2013, 07:46 PM
It was on there for a while, super nice chassis, i talked to Kyle about it several times, just never pulled the trigger, he told me it was a very low hour chassis, I have a laeger build going on now also, a xc build, maybe i'll start a build thread and post some pics so theres a couple more laeger builds going on at once, its always cool to watch these builds in progress, i just cant seem to figure out how to post pics up without using photobucket,lol.

Burns310r
03-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Very Nice build.. You will not be disapointed with the chassis or motor. Both are best money can buy in my opinion, and i have ridded alot of combinations.

WHATS WRONG WITH PHOTOBUCKET???? common jeroski... its amazing.

DnB_racing
03-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Jerry I can just about guaranty if you start yours you will be done before me...

mine is going to take several weeks... time is something that I don't have enough of,
along with my shop not being at home, if it was in my garage it would be a lot quicker, but to have to go to the shop takes more commitment and time, its not like just being able to walk outside and do a small job, if I go to my shop it has to be worth the time... kinda sucks like that but its all I have now:(

thanks Kyle tell Carlos its your build that sold me!!! after seeing yours I made up my mind to go with BDT... they have been doing some great stuff lately Having Rob Selvy back in there crew cant hurt anything either

Burns310r
03-24-2013, 08:08 PM
No problem man. I dont know about you. But i feel bad taking my bike out on the track. After redoing them they look so nice. And they never look that good again.

Oh well guess we can always redo them again.

Nice build man. Would be great to get together to put some motos in. Where you from again?

DnB_racing
03-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Burns310r
No problem man. I dont know about you. But i feel bad taking my bike out on the track. After redoing them they look so nice. And they never look that good again.

Oh well guess we can always redo them again.

Nice build man. Would be great to get together to put some motos in. Where you from again? Massachusetts, a little far from you

this build will only come out on nice days LOL

ill beat up my 450r on bad days that's what there good for!!!:devil:

Burns310r
03-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Must be nice. I race my Laeger in the Open A class, and i have a 4 poke Can Slam for the Production Class's... Its not to bad.... Wish i bought a honda instead, but it is a nice package.

DnB_racing
03-24-2013, 08:27 PM
this year I will probably only have time to hit a couple CC races, I will probably only run my stock 250r for them as its nice and narrow, and I wont mind getting that one dirty
occasionally I bring my 450R to sand drags in Maine, its mostly more of a camping trip with a fair grounds and traveling carnival setup ..not much racing but its fun having the crowds from the fair grounds watching the races...

I will bring this build up there just to show it off my 450 gets a lot of attention I cant imagine what the 250 will get, great place to sell spare parts and do some advertising

dustinshuler
03-24-2013, 08:59 PM
It's about time Barry! I'm glad to see you are finally getting started on this build. Lol I love watching these hinges come together!

DnB_racing
03-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by dustinshuler
It's about time Barry! I'm glad to see you are finally getting started on this build. Lol I love watching these hinges come together! LOL its going to be in slow motion compared to yours Dustin...
I just hope it comes out half as nice as one of yours...
it will have a few of your parts on it,

im going to take my time and try to do it right, I've got other quads to ride so its not like I have a dead line..

Please don't be polite on me!!! if you see something that needs changing let me know..

I need the friend that tells me my breath stinks LOL

troybilt
03-25-2013, 07:34 AM
Looking great so far, Barry! I love the Laeger builds!! Sic Chassis setup you have.

DnB_racing
03-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
Looking great so far, Barry! I love the Laeger builds!! Sic Chassis setup you have. Thanks Troy, ill finally be able to use some of Jason's carbon parts...

its not even going to be on the same planet as yours, but I will do the best I can to add to this forum

wont be much done till next weekend having a shop sometimes is nice, but also it makes it harder to just put a few minuets into the quads, everything takes at least a half hour, even just a measurement is a hassle, drive down, unlock, open up, then just do a couple things isn't really worth it

but once parts start returning I will be burning the midnight oil!!!

Zhutch7
04-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Any updates?

DnB_racing
04-05-2013, 03:35 PM
not much yet!!! still waiting for chrome and motor to really start I will be doing some this weekend but not nothing major until the big parts return

all these other laeger build threads are giving me all kinds of ideas and motivation

Zhutch7
04-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Definitely! I seen all these build threads and I have changed my mind about my build about 3-5 times lol.

DnB_racing
04-12-2013, 09:53 PM
center cases are ready for new black powder coating

312R1
04-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
center cases are ready for new black powder coating

Flat black or gloss?

DnB_racing
04-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by 312R1
Flat black or gloss? same as oem I guess its a gloss..

these cases were the grey replacement colors, and im looking to have it look more like the OEM for the 88-89 looking case color

and I was able to get graves to do the seat I wanted... just like the one you had... its gone up a little in price but not too bad

312R1
04-12-2013, 11:09 PM
same as oem I guess its a gloss..

these cases were the grey replacement colors, and im looking to have it look more like the OEM for the 88-89 looking case color

and I was able to get graves to do the seat I wanted... just like the one you had... its gone up a little in price but not too bad

Not sure if you seen it but my thread..the rebuild has begun. Shows a pick of my bottom end, the cases where new and I had my powder guy match. I wish I new what powder was used but a least you can see it. It was a perfect match.

If you don't mind me asking what's the price for the seat now? Can't wait to see your progress.

-Steve

Fear250r
04-13-2013, 01:39 AM
Lookin good buddy!!

I'm just south of you in lil ol RI. We should try to get together sometime. See if we could get all the MA, CT, RI guys together.

Jesse

DnB_racing
04-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Fear250r
Lookin good buddy!!

I'm just south of you in lil ol RI. We should try to get together sometime. See if we could get all the MA, CT, RI guys together.

Jesse

Jesse sounds good you guys have some good spots to ride?

Originally posted by 312R1
Not sure if you seen it but my thread..the rebuild has begun. Shows a pick of my bottom end, the cases where new and I had my powder guy match. I wish I new what powder was used but a least you can see it. It was a perfect match.

If you don't mind me asking what's the price for the seat now? Can't wait to see your progress.

-Steve

im paying 140 for it now that's shipped ... the cover with gripper top is 100 then add the protrax and the colors and its 125 then 5 for PayPal fees then 10 ship... but its what im looking for and right in line with jettrim's prices

312R1
04-13-2013, 07:47 AM
[i]

im paying 140 for it now that's shipped ... the cover with gripper top is 100 then add the protrax and the colors and its 125 then 5 for PayPal fees then 10 ship... but its what im looking for and right in line with jettrim's prices [/B]

Thats not to bad, can't wait to see it.

Fear250r
04-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Jesse sounds good you guys have some good spots to ride?

Just like most places in the Mass/RI area, we've got a couple spots, but nothing too serious. Always looking for another spot!

Anything good out your way?

DnB_racing
06-22-2013, 01:09 PM
1718103646well work didn't allow me time to get to shop today...

so I started to get a few things together to bring to my shop, and I decided to snap a pic of just a few things I've accumulated for this build

DnB_racing
06-22-2013, 01:56 PM
a few more things Im a terrible photographer....I thought I knew what love was!...
that was until I saw my first fresh triple chromed set of t-pin arms...now I know what love really is

jcs003
06-22-2013, 01:59 PM
everything looks great!

john

DnB_racing
06-22-2013, 04:43 PM
everything looks great!

johnthanks and...

I know it would look better on a frame lol.... soon I hope

Motofool250r
06-24-2013, 10:37 AM
thanks and...

I know it would look better on a frame lol.... soon I hope

only problem i see is the fact that they need to be assembled and Ridden!

DnB_racing
06-24-2013, 01:33 PM
only problem i see is the fact that they need to be assembled and Ridden!LOL ya its too bad they never stay as nice looking as when first built... but this one should stay nice for a while,
ill use one of my other quads and save this one for my son

DnB_racing
09-10-2013, 08:56 PM
the motors finally together the way I want it,
well almost the way I want it
I really want a new black Hinson cover but ill take what I can get for now but im still not giving up on a Hinson just yet LOL

almost ready to put it all together, I will get a better camera when I start assembly

DnB_racing
10-05-2013, 06:53 PM
got some parts were they belong, seams like I keep running into small snags that stop progress,
but it is coming along

DnB_racing
10-07-2013, 05:57 PM
got the chrome swingarm on,

Higgy87TRX425
11-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Nice, I'm liking it!!

DnB_racing
11-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Nice, I'm liking it!!thanks Higgy,

it looks like its on hold till around feburary when i get bonus money from my job,I only have a few things left to buy but with christmas coming my needs and wants come last..

it will get there Im not going to take any shortcuts, I know what i want and wouldnt be satified if I cut corneres, so its going to be another few months till finished, but it will be the way i want it, im very picky and that takes paitence