PDA

View Full Version : Tough Mudder Course

rmz250
03-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Hi Everyone-

Has anyone ever done the tough mudder course? It is a 10-12 mile course designed by british specials forces. I am participating in this event in the Buffalo area this summer. It is to help fund the wounded warriors project. I am trying to fund raise for this event and help raise awareness. Any donations are GREATLY appreciated. If there is anyone local participating in this event please speak up as well!

The donation link is..

https://register.toughmudder.com/Fundraising/donate.aspx?event=14749&fundraiser=r9235083

wantablaster
03-20-2013, 10:26 PM
I did the one at Mt Snow in Vermont last summer, its a great time. Make sure your in shape or it will be rougher then it needs to be.

My advice for training would be a lot of running, pull ups, running with a log on your shoulders, swimming, climbing, and go for some serious hikes. Also throw in the workout program that they have listed on the website. Run, run, and run some more.

Im not sure what the Buffalo course is like but Mt Snow is a ski resort so we were running up and down the slopes all day which would be something you want to be prepared for.

Have fun and get dirty.