PDA

View Full Version : 2000 440ex Race Ready

FutureRacer
03-20-2013, 02:06 AM
I have a 2000 400ex that is almost entirely aftermarket. My brother raced this atv from 2001-2003 and it has sat it the garage since. Over $2600 was spent on the motor and was completely built by TC motors/racing (Custom cam/port/polish, new valves, piston, crank). This quad truly will run with mildly modded 450's without struggling. Now to the list of parts:

Laegar +2 A-Arms
PEP remote reservoir 16.5" front shocks
Rear motocross linkage
PEP 16.75" remote reservoir rear shock
RPM +2+4 Rear Axle
Aluminum Airbox and Battery Relocator
K and N Air Filter
Blue Maier Race Plastics
One Industries Seat Cover
Rear Brake Master Cylinder Carbon Fiber Cover
Wicked waved rotors all the way around
Stainless Braided Brake Lines
Acerbis Hand Guards
Laegar +1 Steering Stem
Tag Handlebars
Tag Chrome Front Bumper
Douglas Front Rims
ITP Baja 8" rear rims
Kenda Klaw Tires all the way around
Sunstar Pro Peg Nerf Bars
PEP Steering Stabilizer
Pro Armor Kill Switch
Aftermarket CDI
Supertrapp Exhaust
Full engine skid
Aftermarket carburator (call for more details)
Lonestar Anti-Fade Locknut
Lonestar Bearing Carrier

LITERALLY ALMOST EVERYTHING BESIDES THE FRAME, CALIPERS, AND HUBS IS AFTERMARKET!!!!!

When the atv was built new, over $10,000 was spent on parts alone. This atv recently had the entire top end serviced/checked and is ready to ride. The frame is powdercoated black and the suspension is set for a 170 lb A motocross rider.

THE ONLY THING I KNOW OF WRONG WITH THIS ATV IS: someone forgot to tighten the shifter bolt all the way so the shifter was not tight on the shaft, causing the splines on the shaft to strip. The shifter has been professionally welded to the shaft and was ridden that way most of its life.

I'd really like to see this thing turned into a modified for a younger kid to race but to each their own. If anyone is interested in parts, I will piece it out if enough interest arises.

ASKING $3000 OBO

FutureRacer
03-20-2013, 01:00 PM
pics

FutureRacer
03-20-2013, 01:02 PM
pics 2

FutureRacer
03-20-2013, 01:08 PM
pics 3

FutureRacer
03-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Would anyone at least mind giving me their opinion of a fair value for this 400ex? I have it listed locally and honestly thought about asking 3500 but felt that may be a bit steep. I realize this is an older machine but it was built top notch.

I am motivated to sell, but as a mechanic and ATV enthusiast, I know many of these parts will sell for a fair price if I did choose to part it out. Im really hoping someone will buy this with intentions on making a 90/150r or crf450r hybrid.

honda250xrider
03-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Its hard to say a fair price; I have seen fully built 450's Ltrs & Trxs sell for $3,500. There have been several on here over the winter that went for this or less

You may be best to part it out if you want to see close to $3000. Unfortuantely 400ex have went by the wayside in mx due to the falling prices of the 450s.

If you have all the stock parts to get it back; you could get $1,500 for a running 400ex around my way and then sell all the aftermarket parts.

Exrider911
04-11-2013, 08:26 PM
you still have it? im interested