PDA

View Full Version : "Never Raced"

blacknblue#2
03-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Ok so I am a major Craigslist addict I spend probably 2 hours a day on CL lol. One thing that grinds my gears on there is the term "never raced". I want to write some of these guys and ask them what it matters lol. I've serviced many quads over the years and 9 times out of 10 the ones raced are in better shape mechanically. My junk is raced and its in top notch mechanically. I won't lie you may walk passed it and say "man that thing is rough" but if you look at the important stuff its not. Look at the oil filter and its spotless look at the sightglass and its full of clean oil anytime. Us who race don't want out stuff failing when your half way up the face of a 100 footer so we keep stuff maintained. I seen too many quads that our not raced but held wide open down the highway with the same oil that was in it last summer. So tell me. Do you buy your used quads because they were "never raced" lol

muddy400EX
03-19-2013, 06:56 PM
i get their point, they're saying it hasn't had the piss ran out of it every weekend at the races. but like you said, a smart racer keeps his stuff in good running shape

what's way worse to buy is the goon's bike. ran hard, never washed, never had the oil changed. never had the filter cleaned. that's the one's to stay away from,haha

CJM
03-19-2013, 07:18 PM
I hear ya, I find the term hilarious as you already said: if its raced its probably better taken care of!

I hate the goon quads, hell if you gonna sell it at least snap a pic where its clean!

blacknblue#2
03-20-2013, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
i get their point, they're saying it hasn't had the piss ran out of it every weekend at the races

Thats just it tho, around my area its the ones that aint raced that get the piss rode out of them more often. I cant count the number of times i have followed a 450R down the highway running 70 mph for 5 to 10 miles. I would much rather have one thats been 12000RPM for 150 foot at a time than one thats been 12000 RPM for 10 miles with dirty oil sucking dirty air through a stock air filter from 2005 hahaha. Damn goons

cloudpump
03-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Unfortunatly there are people out there such as my father in law who know everything. When I purchased my yfz he stated to me that he would never buy something that was raced because it was beat on. Needless to say he's a self proclaimed expert and is never wrong.

KKiowaTJ
03-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Why do people go and buy number plates and add numbers if they dont race?

Or the guy with every race part made and never raced? To me they scream im a poser and wish i could keep up.

There are alot of quads and bikes like that in my area, Some race ready but 'needs put togeather' lol. Some like mentioned so dirty and muddy you can really tell the color or condition.
Those are the guys ill say $500 top, Even if they are asking $2500. Clean the chit off and let me see what im buying, Might change, But dont expect it too.

Some people are just stupid when it comes to buying and selling. I like to take advantage of them and its too easy not to. Stock everything but rear tires and a slip-on and shes 'race ready' LMFAO.

Oh well, Gives me somthing to do and piss off sellers who usually dont know what they have except for the fact it says 450r on the plastic. Last time valves ran? Oh its due... So pretty much you never had them checked, Rode for 50 hours and are now selling it with no idea of anything but brand? Good luck with that

dxcody
03-20-2013, 08:32 PM
One thing that always get me too is "Race Ready"

Ok!

If your quad is a 400ex with handguards and aftermarket grips and a K&K Graphics kit... I don't consider that "Race Ready"

My kindof race ready is..

A quad that has some type of suspension upgrades.. decent Tires, Handguards, Skid PLates, Some heel guards or nerf bars, Aftermarket a arms, etc... Stuff that.. gee.. idk... MATTERS!?

Drives me nuts..

And i completely agree.. I would rather buy someones Raced quad who keeps up with the maintenance, rather than someone who says stuff like...
"Well I haven't never done did had to change the oil... I added some to it the utter day, so she outta be purdy good ta go... "

muddy400EX
03-20-2013, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by KKiowaTJ
Why do people go and buy number plates and add numbers if they dont race?

lol i have numbers and i dont race. the graphics i bought came with numbers of my choice so why not. always wanted to try a race or two but just havent. and plain plastics just look gay and boring!

Ntensweapon
03-20-2013, 11:11 PM
I always laugh at the "race ready" quads too. Or "it's loud"
On numbers I cannot stand 69....real original bro.
420...congrats on the druggie proclamation there d bag

KKiowaTJ
03-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
lol i have numbers and i dont race. the graphics i bought came with numbers of my choice so why not. always wanted to try a race or two but just havent. and plain plastics just look gay and boring!

I'm just referring to 'race ready' n a kit with plates. But in my area, yep 69, 40oz, 420 stupid ****.

I just hate seeing it as a selling point lol.

zyoung04
03-21-2013, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by dxcody
One thing that always get me too is "Race Ready"

If your quad is a 400ex with handguards and aftermarket grips and a K&K Graphics kit... I don't consider that "Race Ready"

Wait u forgot one flipped front wheels. I personally wouldn't put flipped wheels on my push mower. This is another way to spot a goon quad. Anyone that has raced knows flipped front wheels means nothing but bad handling and torn up equipment. JUNK

We have a lot those type where me and blacknblue live that thing because it says 450r on it somewhere its so called race ready. Can't help to laugh.

blacknblue#2
03-21-2013, 05:44 AM
Race ready cause it sets as high as a 300ex

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/3664286594.html

KKiowaTJ
03-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2

So all this time i been dumping money in the wrong areas.

Well no seat means no time to sit, Must be a top contender. In what, Maybe the piss any motorcycle around a cheerio race? LMFAO

dxcody
03-21-2013, 04:04 PM
LOL!

Reminds me of a guy who bought one of my old quads...

He had a 400ex and a 450R.. He was talking about how smooth his 06 450r rode.. Well... I asked him. Do you have aftermarket suspension on your 450r?

"Oh yeah! You know how high a stock 450r sets?... Mine sits around 4" HIGHER!" and boy he was proud!

I just went along with it.. haha

DragonGunner
03-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Nothing wrong with aftermarket parts, even if you don't race, thats a plus. What I hate is when they say to much to list.....how long have you had the quad is always my first question.......about a month......I hang up. Or they have a really fast quad.....want to sell or Trade for another quad....if its so fast why trade.....?

Blodg
03-21-2013, 07:56 PM
I agree 100% that I would rather have a quad that was raced but properly maintained. And as an ex-racer myself I know my quads are and were always mechanically sound with every bearing and bushing tight.

I did, however, see something recently that relates to this. I went and looked at a full XC setup quad for sale that was built only a few years ago. The build thread was on this site so I know it was legit and was expecting to see a mint quad. Mechanically it was pretty sound as I only found the right upper ball joint with some play. But it looked beat with rust everywhere and what I really couldn't get over was that the entire engine was oxidized a dull gray and this thing was brand new 2 years ago. When I got home and looked at my 2006 it looked new compared to it so what I realized is that 2 years of national level XC racing must equate to about 6 to 8 years of normal trail riding. Mine has seen plenty of mud and the frame does have a few spots of rust but the most of the frame and motor are still shiny where the 2 yr-old quad was dull and tarnished looking even though it was a highly maintained quad that won a GNCC national championship. I am more about function than looking pretty but didn't feel comfortable with the shape it was in.

fastredrider44
03-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2

Nope, race ready because it doesn't run. lol. I too spend a lot of time on craigslist. Lots of goons on there for sure.

beastlywarrior
03-26-2013, 10:56 AM
had a good one on atvs for sale on facebook. warrior bored to 400 race ready lol 400? cant happen only thing i saw was a pos dg exhaust and the thing was beat. i commented what i thought lol:rolleyes: and he kept replying saying oh its soooo fast. pretty sure theres only me and a couple other friends that have warriors worthy to be called true race bikes

beastlywarrior
03-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Nope, race ready because it doesn't run. lol. I too spend a lot of time on craigslist. Lots of goons on there for sure.
kid around here had his stock kfx400, RACE READY! FASTER THAN A 450 and hed post like 10 at a time and kept getting pissed because they kept getting flagged

Blodg
03-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
had a good one on atvs for sale on facebook. warrior bored to 400 race ready lol 400? cant happen only thing i saw was a pos dg exhaust and the thing was beat. i commented what i thought lol:rolleyes: and he kept replying saying oh its soooo fast. pretty sure theres only me and a couple other friends that have warriors worthy to be called true race bikes
Hey, its DEADLAST from the Wellsville forum right? I want to see this warrior when I make it to the Ville this summer!

beastlywarrior
03-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Na I'm beastly on there too, deans a friend of mine. You'll see us down there this summer