PDA

View Full Version : will a 16 tooth front sprocket work with a case saver ?

HondaRider18
03-18-2013, 11:08 PM
im thinking about putting a 16 tooth front sprocket for more top end on big motocross tracks, will a 16 tooth work with a case saver ?

Thumpin440ex
03-18-2013, 11:14 PM
You will have to modify the saver. That 16th is going to kill your out of the corner power. I wouldn't do it unless you have a big bore, more comp, or extensive work. Just my OP

John

JOHNDOE83
03-19-2013, 11:21 AM
I had took off the hook shaped case saver and used some spacers so I could put the guard part back on and still fit the sproket.

In my opinion the guard and the bolts with the spacers is enough to save the case.

Im sure I could have ground it down a bit or something but I liked the guard with the spacer for some reason.

Now I dont even use or have one, probally a good idea to put it back on I guess.

Thumpin440ex
03-19-2013, 11:37 AM
It is enough room between the sprocket and cage to let a link double over it self, will still crack the case. You want the saver as close as you can get it to the chain.. Not that what you did will not work, in a break, but it can still let that happen..

John

DragonGunner
03-19-2013, 02:14 PM
I run a 16 tooth....I have a Pro Design case saver, no problems.....if you have problems just grind and file a little bit, most of them are aluminum so won't take long.