PDA

View Full Version : off set rims

teirboss
12-12-2001, 11:49 AM
I ride a 2001 ex. have works triple rates on the front with stock a-arms. I want to get a set of front off set rims. I am trying to find out #1 what they cost #2 were do I get them, #3 are these type of rims a good idea or not. I primarily ride in the woods. I never jump it or do anything to radical. I am trying to widen it to improve the handling.

12-12-2001, 01:07 PM
I've heard nothing but bad things about off-set rims. They make the tire grab at everything in the trail and put more stress on the bearings.

12-12-2001, 06:19 PM
i had a set on my 400ex and liked em..i had the same set up as you do with the stock a-arms and works tripple rates and hd these off set rims.... only diff is i used them for moto-x only... you can se and pic of them in the open forum under pics of my quad... and you can get them anywhere ..i had douglas and liked them alot shined all the time....just wehn you order them ask for off set... i think mine where plus 2 on each side....hope i helpd

Tommy 17
12-12-2001, 06:59 PM
did it help ur steering... did u notice any bump steer or anything i am gettin a +1 off set when i order mine.....

mikeboone
12-13-2001, 05:09 PM
I have ITP offsets. They increase your width 2 inches; 1 on each side, and seem to help it handle better. No problems in the woods either.:devil

12-13-2001, 05:46 PM
i did notice a bit of bump steer.... but i think it helped the handeling enough to make them the worth it....handles 10 times better thanb stock too..

12-15-2001, 09:24 AM
#51, i saw the pic and your front end looked alot wider than +2. can you get them so it is +2 on each side instead of +1? im lookin for a cheap way to widen up the front end so are these really worth it? will tehy work with my 21x7x10 razr fronts? later

fly400ex
12-15-2001, 04:55 PM
I have ITP wheels turned inside out with reinforcing rings welded in for more offset, I have works triple rates also. I don't feel any bumpsteer or any negative effects. I have raced CMRC pro class for 2 years with no problems!

P.S. you need to drill a hole to move the valve stem to the other side of the wheel and put a low profile stem in the old stem hole.

12-15-2001, 05:21 PM
insane ... yea i think mine were + 2 on each side.... i just ordered em like that i think the were 70 each or something......and yea i'm sure you could get woder ones for wider tires...i just orderd "skiny"ones for my radials....hope i helped..toby