PDA

View Full Version : Motor mounts

zach R 7x
03-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Were rebuilding our 07 -450 and found that the motor mounts were broke. When I got this quad , I also got a box of used parts and there was a set of cracked ones in the box, so this looks like it is a problem with these quads. Does anybody make a aftermarket or am I stuck buying new ones every year?

blaster12s
03-18-2013, 06:15 PM
I have seen better mounts somewhere but what I have found out that the motor mounts only break after the frame itself has started to crack somewhere. so now I use the motor mounts as a guide to tell me when I have to inspect and re weld my frame.

zach R 7x
03-19-2013, 07:21 AM
hmmm...thats interesting. Our frame was never gusseted, but I am sending it in next week to be done. Hopefully this will take care of any problems in the future.

blaster12s
03-19-2013, 08:25 AM
yeah the yfz frame does not really need all that much beefing up, I put 4 total on my race frame connecting all the shoddy factory welds where the top of your boot is in order to transfer the force thew my guesset not the crappy welds it comes with. holds up great knock on wood.

crablaster
03-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Walsh makes a nice set

XCRacer236
03-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Yeah i have read a few times that when the motor mounts crack, it's a sign that something else is already wrong and the mounts can't handle the stress. I would inspect your frame extremely closely.

Ncboost
05-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Check your other engine mounts as well they might be loose allowing the frame to flex. Ive also had this problem and i bought new mounts and welded steel washers on the outside of each mount and it solved that problem of breaking the mounts. Its been over a year now