PDA

View Full Version : American Pickers coming to NJ

OldGuyonaQuad
03-17-2013, 05:57 PM
I heard they are coming to Nick's in Williamstown. Anyone that rides Harley's in the tri state area(and further) knows Nick. He has a collection that would make Jay Leno weep.

Anyway they will be there really soon. I will post the date the show airs once I fink out.

CJM
03-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Awesome! Finally someone interesting and cool comes to NJ!

chronicsmoke
03-18-2013, 11:04 AM
CJM are you serious??? I thought you guys had snookie over there? :blah:

CJM
03-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
CJM are you serious??? I thought you guys had snookie over there? :blah:

Funny Chronic Funny. Everyone who is actually from NJ and not a guido despises those idiots.

beastlywarrior
03-18-2013, 12:54 PM
AH YA BRA all they're gonna find is fist pump, push-ups and chapstick

OldGuyonaQuad
03-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Wow I guess I'm so naive as to think this would be any different then any other BS TV show but in the end that's what it is another BS TV show.

Mike and Frank don't drive the white van, two prospectors do. They roll in a 55' custom motor home. They don't pick the prospectors do, they come in after the fact and act like they stumbled onto an amazing find only to haggle on a pre arranged sell price.

I will still watch the episode and I will post the date once I find out.

CJM
03-20-2013, 07:10 PM
^ i had heard a bit about that, how all the things they find are all prearranged and stuff.

Of course, makes for better tv. Pawnstars is no better. Rick, The Old Man, Corey and Chum dont even actively work in the store anymore. They only come out when they close down the shop and something cool is there and there filming. The shops also WAY smaller than portrayed on tv.

yellowzo3
03-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Almost all shows on tv are scripted, you guys know that :p ...but its still cool that they're coming to NJ. I heard a couple guys talking about this at work about a week ago. Even if the show isn't real, Mike and Frank seem pretty cool and its a nice show to watch at night after work... kind of like a modern day Antiques Roadshow lol

sunco
03-28-2013, 02:28 PM
pa's polluted air is coming to NJ to :eek2: Burn more coal..............

dxcody
03-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Even if the show is scripted and what not.. Rick from pawn stars and Frank and Mike are all really intelligent guys.

Especially on their history.

You can't fake those kind of wits.. Well I guess you could but idk.. They seem pretty smart.

I enjoy both of those shows.

Probably my two favorite shows on TV for the most part.

I have learned a lot from watching those.

The old man.. you can't blame him for not working.. I mean holy crap.. Dude has to be like 80-85.. WWII vet.

Really I got to thinking about that the other day and there is not many WWII vets left around anymore.

I personally knew 3 and unfortunately they are all dead now.

jcs003
03-29-2013, 04:30 AM
he is not a WWII vet. he is too young. possibly korean war.

john

Originally posted by dxcody
Even if the show is scripted and what not.. Rick from pawn stars and Frank and Mike are all really intelligent guys.

Especially on their history.

You can't fake those kind of wits.. Well I guess you could but idk.. They seem pretty smart.

I enjoy both of those shows.

Probably my two favorite shows on TV for the most part.

I have learned a lot from watching those.

The old man.. you can't blame him for not working.. I mean holy crap.. Dude has to be like 80-85.. WWII vet.

Really I got to thinking about that the other day and there is not many WWII vets left around anymore.

I personally knew 3 and unfortunately they are all dead now.

CJM
03-29-2013, 07:40 AM
Def Korean, he isnt that old.