PDA

View Full Version : Need some trx90/125 help

skyeryder
03-17-2013, 01:30 PM
this just happened to our Takagawa motor, I'm new to this motor has anyone seen this or know if we're missing something here(besides half a cover) He was ten minutes into his first time riding it:( , we're still wanting to take it to GA but I'm a two stroke guy so any help is appreciated, thanks

It does still run but what is that shaft coming out of the cam? It is slightly tweaked and one of the bolts looks tweaked.

Thanks guys

bigdaddy77
03-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Send your pictures to Terry at Firepower minis. Email him is the easiest way and he can get the best look at it.
I believe that came probably had a decompression device on it. I know people have had issues with them. We don't run the decomp device mainly because they sent parts that didn't fit.
Push that shaft in if you can and see if it's spring loaded. I believe you can disassemble. The rod and spring and run it. But I think that's how we got ours set up. Call or text me if you got any? Brian 618-975-7303

skyeryder
03-17-2013, 03:39 PM
when you push the rod you can feel a spring behind it.

bigdaddy77
03-17-2013, 03:49 PM
You should be able to disassemble the rod and spring. Just turn it to top dead center and remove the cam sprocket and pull the cam. Then disassemble. Then put it back in. The only issue I see is getting a new cover by next weekend. Takegawa stuff can be hard to get in a pinch. I think CHP also sells their stuff. You won't have the decompreason factor but it also won't fly apart again. All the little device does is when you go to start it the exhaust valve is pushed open on the compression stroke.

skyeryder
03-17-2013, 09:31 PM
thanks bigdaddy77 that's what we are going to try, got it apart now. Also want to say a big thanks to Scott Cain never spent a dime in his shop YET(will be now), he took time out of a sunday to talk about this quad not once but twice great guy, exactly what this sport is about thanks again guys