PDA

View Full Version : whats the best cltuch lever and perch?

400exmxracer
03-16-2013, 08:39 AM
So today I broke the bolt off that runs through the lever and stuff for my clutch, and then I decided its time to clean up the bars a little bit, I am gonna do the parking brake block off and I was wondering what a good perch and lever were, I want something for racing mx, and dont know what I should get, I don't want to spend a rediculous amount of money on it either, just wondering if you guys had any ideas?

DragonGunner
03-16-2013, 09:03 AM
Here you go....been running these for over a decade.....3 positions for lever pull. I put mine on the easiest setting, big differance....i like the shorty lever.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/53/218/967/-/9420/MSR-Pro-Raptor-Clutch-Lever-Assembly-Shorty

JOHNDOE83
03-16-2013, 09:10 AM
basically all levers and perchs are exactly the same.

so what if ones a few ounces lighter, if ones longer, if its shorter.

some have a place to attach a mirror.

Its up to you and what you like.

I cut all mine short and i use whatever i can find at the junk yard or a take off from a dirt bike im working on.

There is no best, its all on what you like and can afford.

just dont get mad when your quad with a $100 lever gets beat by mine with a junkyard lever. :blah:

However, a 3 position lever is pretty cool.

KKiowaTJ
03-16-2013, 09:37 AM
I run a AOF MSR with a brass bushing for ez pulling. Cost me a whole $25 bucks from HB racing off ebay, Same one in pic but no finger rubber and a little longer. Only reason i have it was to get away from the glom mess off the original one.

400exmxracer
03-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Ok thanks, and will I need the parking brake block off if I get a new perch and lever? Does it go on the perch or the caliper?

2003TrX400eX
03-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Caliper.

400exmxracer
03-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Ok, thanks

jcs003
03-16-2013, 12:40 PM
ASV is the best. dont take the lower cost root because its no fun getting out of the woods with no clutch lever.

Thumpin440ex
03-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Ive always liked ASV, but the stock one works just fine. No issues pulling it with a finger or two, atleast for me..

John

CJM
03-16-2013, 02:11 PM
MSR aof and I also found some offbrand tusk or something thats nearly the same for less cash. I like it better b/c the levers more flat and less curved. I think I got it from rocky mtn.

Had the msr raptor lever, sucker broke in 5 mins where the cable goes in.

DragonGunner
03-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by CJM
MSR aof and I also found some offbrand tusk or something thats nearly the same for less cash. I like it better b/c the levers more flat and less curved. I think I got it from rocky mtn.

Had the msr raptor lever, sucker broke in 5 mins where the cable goes in.

Ya that raptor lever looks a little different than my MSR....but they are over 10 yrs old...but still going strong....why is it alot of the newer stuff is junk.....? China taking over the markets....?

CJM
03-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by DragonGunner
Ya that raptor lever looks a little different than my MSR....but they are over 10 yrs old...but still going strong....why is it alot of the newer stuff is junk.....? China taking over the markets....?

Yea IDK. I had the raptor lever literally snap the AL where the cable goes in-but it was the adjustable one with 3 diff holes you could use. Either way it sucked in the end cause I had no clutch and was pretty far from the truck.

hondaREX
03-16-2013, 05:09 PM
ive run the MSR raptor for close to a decade. Im running an old one now. Must be 4 yrs old. Quite sloppy at the pivot but it still works flawlessly. Wont be replaced till its in 2 pieces. I always carry a complete spare lever assy and a cable. Those 3 pivot adjustable levers seem to pull the lead ball off the end of the cable after a year or so. And i seem to always have a spare for the guys i ride with that dump there bikes. But any AOF is good.

400exmxracer
03-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys, I ended up going with the msr aof