PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought this year

hensonfamfun
03-13-2013, 08:59 PM
As you know there are several of us that use this forum as a spring board to pile on our buddies and talk trash! Personally, I NEVER take part in such activities.:devil: I just wanted to take the time to wish all the racing families the best in whatever series you run. Racing in any setting is not worth poo unless you are fortunate to race with and around great folks. From personal experience, some of the greatest people and friends i have in my life come from relationship at the track. They are always there for you and most all of them would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it! (and a cold one at the end of the day!) ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASK!! This time last year I knew maybe two folks going into the season and don't think I ate for two weeks!!! :D In moto #1 of the first race of the season, on the first jump, we snapped an axle!!! When we got to the trailer there were several families there waiting on us to lend a hand. In my opininion.......THAT IS WHAT RACING SHOULD BE! I hope that we all (yeah me included) remember this each and every race this year! The stickers on the quads are just that......stickers! We are a ATV family no matter what series you run! Best of luck to you and your families and may the good lord look over each and every one of you!

jake55
03-14-2013, 04:46 AM
well said Mr. Henson.

everyone have a safe year, on the track and on your journey to and from the track.

LET'S RACE!!!

nitrofish
03-14-2013, 05:40 AM
X2

fomospede
03-14-2013, 10:05 AM
thanks

hoping to be at walnut for the atva nationals and meet some of you guys personally

fomospede racing

jay-r
03-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Well said Brady. We have met and made friends with many good racing families. It is great to have a support group to share this crazy mini racing addiction. :D

Last year in particular, I remember meeting this one crazy dad of a fast blond haired boy that runs the #20. Only got to see the rear number plate of that one. But it sure was good close racing! :devil:

Ryko racing
03-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Same here. good luck to all. Looks like we will be out about a month , Ryan tore up his knee training.

Hope to see everyone real soon.

thequadfather+2
03-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Sorry to hear Ryko. Got one that will be out myself.

Brady-Your wife made you write that huh?

I remember our 1st race with y'all. Connor on the Polaris 90, Brady on the DRR Malossi 90. The gate dropped and Brady dropped the hammer, looking good until the chain kicked off on the final lap....Here come's ole #20 drove right by and took the win. We talked after the race and we invited you guys to Fayette to Arenacross....AAhhh yes I remember it like it was yesterday, the national Anthem was playing, we were on the gate, the dads all lined up behind their kids on the quads when I leaned over and said "we're about to kick ya'lls *****" .....you just started laughing. Thats how you make friends at the track:devil: :devil:

I'm gonna try that at Aonia :D

desratt
03-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Same on the west coast. We ride lots thought we were fast so we thought we'd give racing a try. First race got our butts handed to us on a platter. Thought wow this is not what we thought, we can't do this. I was airing up tires with a hand pump. Neighbors offered a compressor, got talking. Made great friends with more people then live in my home town. We we're ready to go home with our tails tucked between our legs and never come back. If it weren't for the friends we ended up making we would have. Now 4 years and several championships later we couldn't leave if we wanted to.
Last time my family had a reunion I said I couldn't go I had a different family reunion. We went racing.

t.hale17
03-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Last year the boys and I decided after 4 races under there belt that we should run the first national! I never taken the Cvt cover off of Logans 50. And the freindships began. Were are truly a familly. Good luck to all, and may God bless.

Now let's go RACIN!

Abennett
03-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by hensonfamfun
As you know there are several of us that use this forum as a spring board to pile on our buddies and talk trash! Personally, I NEVER take part in such activities.:devil: I just wanted to take the time to wish all the racing families the best in whatever series you run. Racing in any setting is not worth poo unless you are fortunate to race with and around great folks. From personal experience, some of the greatest people and friends i have in my life come from relationship at the track. They are always there for you and most all of them would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it! (and a cold one at the end of the day!) ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASK!! This time last year I knew maybe two folks going into the season and don't think I ate for two weeks!!! :D In moto #1 of the first race of the season, on the first jump, we snapped an axle!!! When we got to the trailer there were several families there waiting on us to lend a hand. In my opininion.......THAT IS WHAT RACING SHOULD BE! I hope that we all (yeah me included) remember this each and every race this year! The stickers on the quads are just that......stickers! We are a ATV family no matter what series you run! Best of luck to you and your families and may the good lord look over each and every one of you!

Do you know of any local races in Tennessee area? Much appreciate any ifo. Thanks Andy

hensonfamfun
03-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Abennett.

We live in Middle Tennessee so nothing around here YET. There are talks to start a series in the Lawrenceburg area. Right now, we have two choices. Nationals or travel into Northern Kentucky/Western Tennessee to ride in the TMXA series. www.tmxa.com. They have a good website. Anything east of Nashville I cant help you with. Need anything else just send me a pm. I will help you if I can.
Do you know of any local races in Tennessee area? Much appreciate any ifo. Thanks Andy

Abennett
03-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks its a start

bigdaddy77
03-16-2013, 06:32 AM
look up Silver Pointe Mx Park. I know they are on facebook. located near.Cookeville Tn.
I'll.calll Gary Rozelle and.see if he has any info and can post it on here.

Abennett
03-16-2013, 08:26 AM
They cant run quads right now for some reason. Think it has something to do with erosion. Wish they were its 20 minutes from my house. We did some flat track and TT last year local. But either of these two guys seem ready this year. Thanks anyway

#404's Dad
03-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by fomospede
thanks

hoping to be at walnut for the atva nationals and meet some of you guys personally

fomospede racing

Awesome, it'll be nice to put a face to the name :D