PDA

View Full Version : X-Game Best trick for bikes and snowmobiles is history!

quad2xtreme
03-13-2013, 02:55 PM
http://www.grindtv.com/action-sports/moto/post/x-games-to-discontinue-two-popular-and-dangerous-events/

quad2xtreme
03-13-2013, 02:58 PM
I've actually been reading more and more that the participants themselves were no longer enjoying the events and dangers.

Those events were becoming the near-equivalents of playing russian roulette.

sand_blaster
03-14-2013, 01:42 AM
Wow that sucks!!!!!!! I love watching that stuff, looked forward to seeing what kyle loza had come up with in moto x best trick.

zyoung04
03-14-2013, 02:20 AM
Really in a way the best trick for bikes hasn't progressed much in the last few years, u got guys getting metals that are doin tricks that were new 3 years ago, I don't see what this will hurt. Atleast there is still a freestyle competition. I honestly like the best whip and step up more than the freestyle and best trick to begin with.

As fae as the sleds go I think that does suck for them. I like watching those guys throw those big bass turds around.

Wired
03-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Freestyle got pulled from summer x a few months ago. All thats left for bikes is best whip and step up. I have a feeling sleds all together won't be at winter x next year.

MX MaNiAc 06
03-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Wired
Freestyle got pulled from summer x a few months ago. All thats left for bikes is best whip and step up. I have a feeling sleds all together won't be at winter x next year.

I have officially lost interest in summer X games.

Step up cant last forever either. It's so brutal. Dropping from 35' is gonna be a hard hit no matter what. Last year it basically came down to whos body can stand another jump.

Tommy Warren
03-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Wired

aaahaha we are too extreme for the X-gays! love it!

quad2xtreme
03-14-2013, 04:29 PM
I won't watch summer at all. Don't care about any kind of skateboarding or BMX. Somebody could do a 3,600° flipflop double-backside skirttail criss cross double whambamthankyoumam and I wouldn't care.

Now there won't be anything for me to watch in winter either.

KKiowaTJ
03-14-2013, 06:58 PM
They are covering their *** for the next time. But now that there isnt **** to watch they will be out of business soon. If a person wants to do stupid **** on a bike or quad, Have at it.
If im not in the race, Only reason im there is for the wrecks and carnage along with the vast majority of the crowd. To each their own i guess

XCRacer236
03-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Them saying Caleb's death isn't a factor is like McDonald's saying the documentary "Super Size Me" wasn't a factor in the discontinuation of the Biggie size..

I am not disappointed in the slightest. It's just like the Slam-Dunk competition in the NBA All-Star weekend.. everything has been done.. numerous times. Personally, I haven't watched Freestyle anything in the last several years for that reason.

muddy400EX
03-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by KKiowaTJ
They are covering their *** for the next time. But now that there isnt **** to watch they will be out of business soon. If a person wants to do stupid **** on a bike or quad, Have at it.
If im not in the race, Only reason im there is for the wrecks and carnage along with the vast majority of the crowd. To each their own i guess

so you only watch X and races to see people wreck? wtf dude

KKiowaTJ
03-14-2013, 08:47 PM
I meant it as "into it" or bored etc the only time i watch is when a wreck is happening or some other BS.
Its a fact alot of people go to race's of all kinds for the wrecks alone. NASCAR is one of them, Now that the "restrict" you to their anal rules, Its like watching WWE wrestling.

Just a bunch of bil-boards going around in a circle for hours in the middle of a day off. If you need some home repair material, Watch the start and you will get 2-3 options in seconds.

Like mentioned many times, Its the same thing over and over, I have lost interest and only gain when wrecks happen. Its not like i jump up and down cheering, But the only time "it" has my full attention.

muddy400EX
03-14-2013, 10:15 PM
I meant it as "into it" or bored etc the only time i watch is when a wreck is happening or some other BS.
Its a fact alot of people go to race's of all kinds for the wrecks alone. NASCAR is one of them, Now that the "restrict" you to their anal rules, Its like watching WWE wrestling.

Just a bunch of bil-boards going around in a circle for hours in the middle of a day off. If you need some home repair material, Watch the start and you will get 2-3 options in seconds.

Like mentioned many times, Its the same thing over and over, I have lost interest and only gain when wrecks happen. Its not like i jump up and down cheering, But the only time "it" has my full attention.

hmm. i dont watch nascar. but supercross,motocross, freestyle etc i watch because i like the sport. im not a fan of wrecks. i usually cringe on a bad one. and it reminds me how fast you can get hurt on a bike/quad

i see what your saying tho. but the people watching for the wrecks, are not true fans of the sport. they just like to see people get hurt

KKiowaTJ
03-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
hmm. i dont watch nascar. but supercross,motocross, freestyle etc i watch because i like the sport. im not a fan of wrecks. i usually cringe on a bad one. and it reminds me how fast you can get hurt on a bike/quad

i see what your saying tho. but the people watching for the wrecks, are not true fans of the sport. they just like to see people get hurt

They are fans of the "big pile up" that happens in the first 15 or the last 30 laps. I cant stand it and IMO it a joke that lost its roots long ago. Now your racing tube chassis pod's that you really cant get hurt too bad unless you lacked in tight belts or equipment.

A quad, sled, or bike wreck are two differnt things. Usually it dont end well and if you do get away from the machine you break or tear somthing. But everyone takes that chance riding and IMO a risk worth taking.

I dont see the sx/mx crowd as much into the wrecks as you do most other sports. Look at football, You get a flag for damn near looking at a high dollar QB now, They have become limp wrists. NASCAR is IMO a trailer park/drunks/low life national pastime. They love the wrecks and the bull crap "race" that isnt going on, Just a pack of cars with no hp to pull away or around. Just a flat out joke.

zyoung04
03-15-2013, 02:29 AM
I never about them doin away with freestyle to. But it wont give me much reason to watch it either. I used to watch the street luge years ago but they dont even have it anymore. Maybe ill watch the rally but I woulnt doubt if it isn't gone after the big wreck they had with it.

They can't act like moto x is any more dangerous than the mega ramp. Who remembers Jake Browns slam from a few years ago? If he landed the right way it could've been his life.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fDC8Z9QUSTg

It still gives me cold chills to watch it.

bbender85
03-15-2013, 08:23 AM

this.. is the best nascar description i have ever heard. lmao. bravo sir. :D

rbgnwa45
03-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Someone has to do this dangerous stuff ;).

It would be nice if it was one person, huh? People do this for careers now. It's nice to see but I wouldn't give a hoot if nobody did.

Nobody should be pressuring these guys to get so risky, if people are I mean. I don't think we should be like, oh, you can do a 360 backflip nacnac :eek2: but can you do it with a LEFT spin :scary:. I hope they stop the crazy at front flip combos. If you're doing crazy combos like that you should have less faith in your riding ability. It's asking for injury/death and for what? Is it entirely personal? Really does someone wake up and think "I've gotta backflip or I won't be happy." No. They wake up thinking "I've gotta do something crazy or I won't afford the mortgage on my 3000 sq. foot Calif. dream home."

I was done caring after I saw the carolla and loza's weird im-not-flipping-but-my-bikes-front-flipping thing. End of x games forever, those are the best tricks LOL!

rbgnwa45
03-16-2013, 07:24 PM
The ultimate trick would be the "Carloza" :eek2:.

EngelstadFQX
03-21-2013, 10:46 PM
It's bittersweet to me. I don't want to see anyone go down anymore. I honestly think it would be alot more fun to watch with a no flip contest...I've been saying that for years.

madskrillz2
03-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX

You're right but you would be surprised how many people are like that. They just watch to see a wreck. I'm not gonna lie, the only times I have watched Nascar were for that reason. It's just like boxing or mma. You have hardcore fans who study it like a science and are obsessed with the technical aspect of it. Then you have guys like me that just want to see someone knocked into next week.

88redrocket
03-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Its almost seems like the freestyle course runs themselves like what caleb got hurt on are more dangerous than the best trick, if you think about it guys have all year to practice there best trick and get it down pat for x games so when it comes time to do it they know what to expect, however on the freestyle course runs there is no way to practice that all year round because no one knows what the course is going to be set up like...I did hear there was some complaints about how it was set up this year maybe they should be looking into making that safer instead.

KingpinsEx
04-02-2013, 07:18 PM
This is really sad, these sports get so little exposure as it is. The x-games was how most of them get paid. Like someone else said, they should make the courses safer rather than just eliminating it. Guess I will have no reason to watch ESPN anymore.