PDA

View Full Version : rear hubs

bradenc19
03-10-2013, 11:56 AM
I just bought a set of lsr hubs with cut all the way thru an has a allen nut to tighten up. I can't get them to go on my dominator xc axle. Is their a trick to getting them on dn't want to mess up splines? Any help would be apperciated.

deathman53
03-10-2013, 12:11 PM
I have the same hubs, they are quite old lsr hubs, does it have the washer that should be on the back of it? So the where the hub goes on, it is tightened up against steel, not the aluminum of the hub. Stick a screwdriver in and expand the gap, that should work. Also those studs a sae threads, I believe they are 3/8 diameter and fine thread count.

bradenc19
03-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Yes i have the washers. Just didn't want to put marks on the hubs i started to do that and it left a screw driver mark on the hubs. Do you spread it while you are putting them on and should they just slide on or or do you you have to work or beat them on with a rubber malet my stock hubs slide right on. Is their another trick to putting these on. thanks for any help.

deathman53
03-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Put the hubs in the oven around 400 degrees, it should expand them to get them on and open up the gap.