PDA

View Full Version : GNCC and MX poduim finishers

turdboy
03-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Well the first GNCC race is this weekend and the first MX race is a few weeks out. Who's gonna be on the podium?

GNCC-Borich, Fowler, Bithel

MX-Weinen, Hetrick, Creamer

My predictions, Gonna be cool seeing some new rookies mixing it up. What do you guys think? I'm excited.

ben300
03-07-2013, 08:16 PM
XC1....borich, mcgill, fowler (suprise podium finisher..brycen neal)

MX....wienen, creamer, hetrick

bbender85
03-08-2013, 01:24 PM
XC, no clue.. :confused:

MX - weinen, creamer, brown. Upperman will get one of the holeshots like always and slowly fade. natalie will be just off the pace waiting for one of the top 3 to make a mistake.

TrapZ400
03-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Xc - Borich, McGill, Fowler

Mx - Wienen, Upperman, Natalie

rf928
03-08-2013, 10:30 PM
XC I have no clue.

MX it will be either Weinen, Creamer, Hetrick, Brown, Upperman, Nataile, or someone new. Same old same old

madskrillz2
03-08-2013, 10:38 PM
No idea about XC but I'm pulling for
Creamer, Wienen, Hetrick. I just really hope Creamer comes out swinging.

iwhip86
03-09-2013, 06:53 PM
hetrick-creamer-wienen

88redrocket
03-09-2013, 06:56 PM
don't know about xc either but for mx my guess is creamer, wienen, Natalie......creamers just a bad mofo he's got 2 years now on the can-am under his belt and is extremely confident on it and I think Natalie will do better on the Honda like the old days I don't think wienen is gonna have it nearly as easy this year

dxcody
03-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Borich just makes those guys look like xc2 riders when he wants to.. You really should have been there to see the difference between Borich going through this set of whoops and McGill going through them..

ben300
03-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by dxcody
Borich just makes those guys look like xc2 riders when he wants to.. You really should have been there to see the difference between Borich going through this set of whoops and McGill going through them..

Didnt bithell win the overall at snow shoe a couple years back as an XC2 guy?

anywho, i would venture to say that borich could probably win the MX pro champion ship if he wanted to. That with the right set up and more moto practice than he already does.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
03-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ben300
Didnt bithell win the overall at snow shoe a couple years back as an XC2 guy?

anywho, i would venture to say that borich could probably win the MX pro champion ship if he wanted to. That with the right set up and more moto practice than he already does.

Brian Wolf won it in 2009 and 2010.

ben300
03-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by LeGaCyGiAnT124
Brian Wolf won it in 2010 and 2011.

thats who it was! for some reason i thought it was bithell but then i wasnt sure

patrickj75
03-11-2013, 11:18 AM
thats who it was! for some reason i thought it was bithell but then i wasnt sure

Fowler has won an overall from the XC2 row before.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
03-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by patrickj75
Fowler has won an overall from the XC2 row before.

http://www.racer-results.net/results/gncc/2011/overall.asp?e=32&r=7&s=2

Rock Run 2011. It's incredible how fast these guys really are. Riding with them at the locals is very impressive.

dxcody
03-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Yeah Wolf has won 2 overalls from the 2nd row and Fowler has won 2 from the 2nd row.

Me and Wolf are good friends.

He has only rode about 3 hours on his new Yamaha but he loves it.

His shoulder is torn up from when he was in a Rhino accident a few months ago.

Sucks but he will be alright.

He rode good when he was trying.. the last lap he did he was just cruising.

ben300
03-11-2013, 03:58 PM
So how was river ranch Cody?

dxcody
03-11-2013, 04:54 PM
it was amazing!

The track was the roughest most chopped out.. BEST track ever.

I blew out my front shocks and axle bearings half way through the first lap.. WHILE LEADING! and the 2nd lap about half way through my chain started derailing because of the axle bearings so I had to call her a day..

all in all. it was a blast though!

ben300
03-11-2013, 07:16 PM
it was amazing!

The track was the roughest most chopped out.. BEST track ever.

I blew out my front shocks and axle bearings half way through the first lap.. WHILE LEADING! and the 2nd lap about half way through my chain started derailing because of the axle bearings so I had to call her a day..

all in all. it was a blast though!

damn, that was either rough! or your stuff was ragged out to begin with.....either way, its a good excuse to send your shocks off to Jet and get them reworked!;) I just sent mine out to get reworked by them

thats good you had fun though

MX MaNiAc 06
03-12-2013, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by rf928

MX it will be either Weinen, Creamer, Hetrick, Brown, Upperman, Nataile, or someone new. Same old same old

Same old? This year is going to be fun to watch! What about Nick Moser? Johnny Hale? Casey Martin? Since they shortened the Motos and took out qualifying times for the pro am a few guys got fed up and jumped into the pro class. I think we will see Hetrick up front a lot this year. Hoping to see Tbrown do well. Johnny was hanging with Thomas at the end of last year so he could be a top contender also.

rf928
03-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Sorry, I love to watch it but it is usually the same guys. I guess with shorter motos it might give some others a better chance, but I think the top guys will sprint harder.

I have a friend from up here in AB who is headed down to race AMA pro, see how he does.

dxcody
03-19-2013, 10:46 PM
damn, that was either rough! or your stuff was ragged out to begin with.....either way, its a good excuse to send your shocks off to Jet and get them reworked!;) I just sent mine out to get reworked by them

thats good you had fun though

I think I am going to go with GT Thunder.. IDK why.. I guess Wolf kinda talked me into them..

But anyways, this new YFZ I bought.. I got it for a steal.. $500 and it ran but the frame was "bent"...

I got it home and the frame wasn't bent, the a arms were.. lol..

But the guy I bought it off of was a d*mbass and set it outside all winter... so then once I started riding it... every seal/bearing on the thing went out.. So I think they shocks started taking a beating and the seals blew out of them or something... idk..

But yeah, they are going to get rebuilt!

The track was brutal though!

Soo much fun! lol

It is the kind of pain and beating that you love.. if you know what I mean from a fellow XC racer to another..

A smooth track is no fun right!?

ben300
03-20-2013, 06:11 AM
I think I am going to go with GT Thunder.. IDK why.. I guess Wolf kinda talked me into them..

But anyways, this new YFZ I bought.. I got it for a steal.. $500 and it ran but the frame was "bent"...

I got it home and the frame wasn't bent, the a arms were.. lol..

But the guy I bought it off of was a d*mbass and set it outside all winter... so then once I started riding it... every seal/bearing on the thing went out.. So I think they shocks started taking a beating and the seals blew out of them or something... idk..

But yeah, they are going to get rebuilt!

The track was brutal though!

Soo much fun! lol

It is the kind of pain and beating that you love.. if you know what I mean from a fellow XC racer to another..

A smooth track is no fun right!?

hahah i dunno bought you, but somedays i wish for smoother....wait, smoother track, lol

GTT isnt to bad. i think at one point in time they were the leader in the rebuild biz, but i think they've gotten so big, that a lot of attention to detail has been lost over there. they still make great products, my rear is getting redone with the XC link and i got the swing arm skid, but i dunno if id get them redone there. wolf's stuff, id just guess, probably gets more attention than the average joes. ive just heard some stuff about springs and valving being wrong lately there.

but either way, get it done. you'll love it in the long run.

im in the process of changing ALL my rear suspension bearings on my bike. it doesnt necessarily need it, but im not starting the season off on old bearings lol

dxcody
03-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Yeah.. I haven't heard anything bad about the stock rebuilds, but the HLS.. I have had quite a few of my friends that said they were def not up to par..

I am going to see how they do.. I have never had any type of suspension set up for me specifically so I think anything is going to feel better.

People can say what they want (I mean it is a nice quad) about how I had it easy at the ironman because I was on that new YFZ with the HLS and everything.. but it was set up for a guy that weighs about 70 lbs more than I do, so it was still a rough ride.