PDA

View Full Version : Florida Bound!

dxcody
03-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Hey fellas..

Just wondered if anyone else is running River Ranch Sunday?

Also anyone got any tips for the sand?

Hammer down through the sand whoops I guess.. That is what everyone tells me so far.

But as far as quad setup or, gear goes.. Any tips?

CJM
03-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Im willing to bet its the same kinda riding I do weekly. We got a variety of loose sugar sand, harder packed stuff and wooded trails.

Hammer the whoops as best you can, lean back and throttle-but it can get hairy when the shock loadsup and rear sways around. So let off if that happens. Try and pick the line in the whoops with the least deep whoops possible. Deeper throws you off balance more.

Ive run razrII front-helps you steer but has good traction for other conditions than straight paddle fronts would do in loose sand and razr rear work well in sand as well evemn my klaws work well. If its really loose you may want some paddles like sandstars or haulers on the rear.

In general loose sand you tend to spin out alot easier so watch it, harder pack should be fine. You havent learned to lean yet-you better learn quick lol.

As far as gear goes, sand sucks when it gets kicked up in a cloud. Might want one of those breather masks and wear a chest protector incase some roosts ya.

ben300
03-07-2013, 09:16 AM
So what class you you running this year? You gonna run sport 15+ in gncc? Or 16-19c, or first year racer?

Or you gonna run that 450 you did last year?

JOHNDOE83
03-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Im from florida, Ive ridden every Fl conditions there is.

There is no good setup advice, your gonna go from wet to dry, sand to dirt, whoops to flats, grass plains to palmettos to extremely tight woods trails.

River ranch is widely known here, everyone has a great time, its known for a good mix of mudd, trails and good times.

Good luck, have a safe trip, get lots of pics, WEAR A HELMET!!!

Well youll be racing right so helmet is mandatory:blah:

I bought a adjustable length link that I use to raise or lower my quad depending on conditions, alot of FL woods riding benefits from riding slightly higher for ground clearence.

When all the 450s get hung up youll ride right over.

dxcody
03-07-2013, 12:10 PM
I am going to be running first year again.

Next year I will go to C.

I actually bought a YFZ a week or so ago and I will be racing that.

I will upload a pic of it. it is pretty much all stock minus an exhaust and the handlebars.

I hope the trails don't get too tight.

My steering stem is twisted a little bit, and I can't turn very sharp left.. lol I can make a hell of a right turn though!

ben300
03-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
I am going to be running first year again.

Next year I will go to C.

I actually bought a YFZ a week or so ago and I will be racing that.

I will upload a pic of it. it is pretty much all stock minus an exhaust and the handlebars.

I hope the trails don't get too tight.

My steering stem is twisted a little bit, and I can't turn very sharp left.. lol I can make a hell of a right turn though!

haha, well good luck bud! ill keep an eye on the lap tracker saturday morning for ya.

i havent decided if im gonna run the C 22+ or the sport class in the 4 gncc's im gonna do this year. im still ripping the ol 400 till i get some more races undre the belt, so the C class would be a better bet, but the competition on the sport class is so much better (guys like the margarias, dan dayak, josh simmons), but who knows lol

ill definitely be running C at the locals.

dxcody
03-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Yeah I will move up to C next year..

A lot of people were asking me why I stayed in First year when I raced the ironman and I just quote the GNCC Website.

"Any racers first year of competitive racing"

Sunday is the day we race in River Ranch!

Then Bikes run Tuesday!

I am going to give it my all!

not going to drive 1000 miles to half *** it! lol

I haven't rode but 4 times since the Ironman.. Idk how it will go.. I know the sand zaps your energy pretty quick but I am going to try t run top 3 and save enough for the last lap that I can hammer down..

A little Chris Borich strategy! :macho

Anything can happen though! As long as I can have fun I will be happy!