PDA

View Full Version : Two Brothers slip on

RNL
03-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Anyone have any time with this setup??? I was looking around at diff exhausts and found this. The graph looks like a nice healthy pull and gain.

http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/Dyno_Charts/dyno_2008_honda_trx400ex.pdf

kt1148
03-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Check out Motoworks too. I was very impressed after adding this pipe and it's only $210...http://www.motoworksstore.com/template/dyno/Honda_TRX400EX_Slip-On.jpg

Blodg
03-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Keep in mind that on both of those graphs they are taking the airbox lid off along with the pipe and half of that gain is from going to no lid. Not saying they are not good pipes as really no exhaust makes a big gain on a stock 400EX. Just taking the lid off and rejet will give 2 to 3 HP gain in the lower RPM's and 1 or so around the peak.

kt1148
03-04-2013, 07:22 PM
I did the EHS outerwears lid mod to mine and removed the snorkel too. Seemed to really open it up more. Everyone that hears the Motoworks pipe likes it.

shaggy01
03-05-2013, 06:13 AM
I got a two brothers pipe that i got off here used and like it. It tired the 172 main and no lid and it was just too rich. It would bog down when i was in the lower rpms. But after i swapped in a 160 main. It runs fine. I run it with an outerwears lid. I like it but it still doesn't sound as good an hmf, personally. It's also a tad bit bigger than others.

Like people have said above, motoworks seems to be pretty decent and decently priced.

But performance wise, the two brothers did make a difference. The throttle response it alittle snappier and it feels like its got some more bottom end.

BIGTEX400EX
03-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Blodg
Keep in mind that on both of those graphs they are taking the airbox lid off along with the pipe and half of that gain is from going to no lid. Not saying they are not good pipes as really no exhaust makes a big gain on a stock 400EX. Just taking the lid off and rejet will give 2 to 3 HP gain in the lower RPM's and 1 or so around the peak.

If I leave my stock exhaust in place and untouched, remove my airbox cover and re-jet, I will see a noticeable gain over stock?

DB levels have to remain low, neighbors and cops are all over me already.

Blodg
03-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Bigtex, you should feel a slight improvement and as I mentioned above the dyno shows just removing the lid adds a few HP in the lower rpm's.