PDA

View Full Version : CCP steering stabilizer?

ben300
03-04-2013, 07:44 AM
any of you guys run one of these? i purchased one yesterday and was just wondering what your overall thoughts are. i know the precision is the bench mark anymore in the industry, but i need have Jett redo my shocks, so i cant justify spendin the $450-$500 for one. ive read good about them on other forums, and have seen them mentioned on here as well. im not looking to light the world on fire, id just like to be somewhat competitive in the C class at my local races.

thanks

wfo4rv
03-04-2013, 08:27 AM
they are ok.....better than a stick one

CJM
03-04-2013, 02:26 PM
I love mine, really helps cut out the hard hits that would otherwise throw the bars out of your hands and running over stumps and ruts and stuff. Mines cranked up about 80% hard (number 6 setting I think).

madskrillz2
03-04-2013, 03:43 PM
I've heard from several people they're as good as a Precision. I have a Precision but if I could go back I would buy a CCP. Mainly because of the price difference.

89trx250r
03-04-2013, 08:08 PM
They are very good! The only downfall is he only makes the dual adjust ones sometimes so most of them are just single adjustment. But if you manage to get a dual adjustment one its just as good as a precision.

Pacheco_450r
03-13-2013, 07:01 PM
I went with a stick one a couple years back and while it did help some I know the puck style would help more. I did a lot of research on the ccp too and that's the one I'd get next.

On a side note about racing C class, while bike setup is important, it's not the most important thing while runnning in C class. Doing the suspension work and the stabilizer are great starters, but if you know how to ride and have the endurance to hold a good pace the whole race you WILL be competitive. Most of the riders can only push for a few laps then they start to fade in that class. When I first started in the beginners class I was racing a bone stock 05 trx, and some of those kids had tricked out mx bikes, motor work and all and I was top 4 consistantly.

So get your practice in, workout, get that stabilizer and most of all have fun! Good luck dude!

Justin #126
03-14-2013, 07:40 AM
I just put one on my bike. I won't get to try it until the race this weekend but have heard great things.