PDA

View Full Version : got my 2nd speeding ticket today

JUSTINcredible
03-15-2003, 12:00 PM
well today i was driving around my moms car, a 2003 grand prix, and i was going about 80 going over a hill and there is a cop and i was like whoa!:eek2: and hit the brakes, and he turned around and pulled me over, he didnt spend much time in his car so i had this crazy idea he might just give me a warning.. but nooo.. i get a ticket for $110... now i dont know if i should just not tell my mom and hope she doesnt find out:ermm:

CHAUNCY
03-15-2003, 12:03 PM
She will probably find out sooner or later so I would just tell her and if you dont have the money to pay the ticket tell her you will pay her back when you come up with the cash. She probably wont get as mad if you just tell her now.

Glow Plug
03-15-2003, 12:06 PM
yeah tell her now because if she finds out then she's be twice as mad so yeah just tell her

MXcutie
03-15-2003, 12:10 PM
your better off to tell her... trust me... i got one 3 weeks after i got my license and didnt tell my rents and just paid for it but here in PA if your under 18 they send a letter home to your parents which i forget they did..... so just some advice tell her bc in the end you'll be in more trouble then what you start off in... and the longer you keep it from her the less she is goin to trust you from now on

nismo
03-15-2003, 12:23 PM
a little idea leave out how fast you were going, she might not be as mad

WildCatRacer
03-15-2003, 12:29 PM
your 2nd? how long have you been driving? trust me you dont want a lot of those hanging above your head. I probly have had a dozen by now. I think I have a problem.
does your buddy still have that X/EX I sold him?

JUSTINcredible
03-15-2003, 12:30 PM
here is the ticket.. i looked at it a little closer and he must have been in a good mood cuz he put i was going 75 and not 80

CHAUNCY
03-15-2003, 12:30 PM
I cant read a single thing on that ticket. LOL:p

JUSTINcredible
03-15-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Flipper
your 2nd? how long have you been driving? trust me you dont want a lot of those hanging above your head. I probly have had a dozen by now. I think I have a problem.
does your buddy still have that X/EX I sold him?

ive been driving for a little more than a year..
who did you sell your ex to?

JUSTINcredible
03-15-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
I cant read a single thing on that ticket. LOL:p

yea its a carbon copy and i had to make it smaller so it would fit.. if you blow it up im sure you could prolly read it

WildCatRacer
03-15-2003, 12:35 PM
didnt your buddy buy a 250x with 300ex motor in it from me? you came and picked it up in your red s10.

MojaveKing
03-15-2003, 02:19 PM
I cant read a single thing on that ticket. LOL same same....thats Nutitn
Our School BUS!!! got pulled over on the way home from a Play..in the twin cities:eek: :eek: it was Great!!!! Best field trip EVer...our LAst 1 too I bet!!!:D sweeter that ****!

zzbudzz
03-15-2003, 02:43 PM
good bye driving permit ..hope you like riding the bus!:blah

NTPracing22
03-15-2003, 03:14 PM
deff. tell her. i haven't had a good driving record either my freind.

*doughnuts in a school parking lot at a b-ball game=1 year proby
*65 in a 50...warning
*yelled at for doing more doughnuts in a field...complaint filed at the PD
*91 in a 65-$216 fine
*still having my license and not having it taken away-priceless

i'm off proby too!

Jay300ex
03-15-2003, 04:26 PM
MHO is you should tell her the whole story, because lying will really screw it up. She will probably be more mad because it was her brand new car and you were being unrespectful and immature in it ( no flame intended, thats just how it seems )

Enjoy

Jay :)

racin 400
03-15-2003, 04:48 PM
my friend has a ton of tickets and points he told me he has 14 points his license suspended the classes he has took to get rid of some points.
Alive a 25.
defesive driving 3 times.
DUI and the cop didn't even breath aliser sp.
some other stupid ***** classes.

JUSTINcredible
03-15-2003, 05:05 PM
wow it seems like alot of states are harder on minors with tickets than minnesota is... they dont do anything till after your 3rd ticket.. and they usealy suspend it for a month or so

DUNEZRUNNER
03-15-2003, 07:33 PM
When I was in Arizona in Dec I was out test driving a brand new 2003 Ford f-250 and decided to see how fast it could go. It got up to 94 and when I looked up I passed a cop. He turned around and pulled me over. He was kinda cool with me until I told him that I was on a test drive. He got hella pi$$ed. Made me get out of the truck, handcuffed me and then put me in his car. He called the dealer to come pick up their truck and then took me to jail. Made me sit in jail for 2 hours, freezing my ***** off, with no shoes on. Then he released me with a ticket for going 94 in a 55. CRIMINAL SPEED!, which with a plea of guilty would have been $300 and 3 points on my license but it would have been knocked down to a civil violation. That is a big deal. I went to court last month and it ended up getting dismissed. The "SMART" cop put the wrong date on the ticket and the wrong charge then after I had left the jail with my copy of the ticket, he changed the charge on his ticket. This made the judge furious, so he let me off. Needless to say I now drive the speed limit

Thomas

Giz400ex
03-16-2003, 12:49 AM
Keep on doing stupid things.....you'll learn real fast!!!:D :D

NTPracing22
03-16-2003, 01:51 AM
cruise control, ists great

300exQuadracer
03-16-2003, 11:16 AM
i just got a ticket last wend. i was following one of my buddies we where playin cb tag and i looke back and the cooper was right behing me and i looked down as soon as i sall the lights come on and my speedo said 65, the state patrol lady said i was doin 78 and then i said i looked down and i was doin 65 tops she asked me if i was tryin to be cocky with her, and i was like no, so then she wrote on the ticket my speed was 72, 75 is wreckless opp in ohio and i woulda lost my lisence but she put it down as 72 so i gotta go to court now and raise heck woth my friends cause they where right ahead of me ( i was right on there arses) doin 65 so how coulda i been doing 78 my government teacher who used to be a principal said to take my friends and the court should drop the ticket