PDA

View Full Version : Elka shocks problem

JohnBeton
03-03-2013, 10:20 AM
For a while I'm having a problem with my elka front shocks.

When I lift the front of the quad, the quad stays up, the shocks don't go to their initial position.
When I push the front end down, the quad stays down.

mohler
03-03-2013, 10:29 AM
My buddy had the problem, it aint the shocks he had his a arm mounting bolts to tight, I took his shocks off and his quad still stayed up lol

JohnBeton
03-03-2013, 10:46 AM
damn, that makes sense :D, I'm going to check that out, Thanks !!

Honda 250r 001
03-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Mine is the same way, but if you lift up on the front end, it sags back down just a little, but when you turn the handlebars or push it, then the front end sags back down to normal. Is yours like this or does it still stay fully extended when you push/turn the handlebars?

JohnBeton
03-03-2013, 01:56 PM
yes, mine does the same as yours.
Tomorrow I'm going to check all the bolts of my arms.

chopp124
03-03-2013, 08:54 PM
normall! at the nationals we used to do it on purpose to get through the 50inch gate check. pull front end up

atvrider13
03-04-2013, 05:39 AM
Totally normal .When you push down on the quad or sit on it that is called sag. When coming out of a corner the shocks lift the front and transfer weight to the rear for more traction. When I first installed my elkas I had a hard time cornering with them because a used to play with the throttle while going thru a corner (my old shocks were set super stiff to resist bottoming). With the elkas the front would get up and back down when I would go on and off the gas. I had to stay more consistent on the throttle and drive thru the corner.I just had to change my driving style. Just thought this would help you.