PDA

View Full Version : need to go faster!!

CAR
02-26-2013, 04:55 PM
I have a 2011 yfz 450r Se. if has a power commander five and barkers exhaust. I would like to know how i can make it faster.

yfz450-05
08-16-2013, 09:35 PM
add a turbo to it. or bore it to a 501

motoking
10-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Try Smaller rear sprocket for more top speed.

Kovatch
10-02-2013, 10:48 AM
What's your budget? The easiest fix would be to change your gearing. If you want more top speed, buy a front sprocket +1 tooth larger or a rear sprocket 1 tooth smaller. If you want more acceleration, go to a 13 tooth front sprocket (1 tooth down) or add 1 or 2 teeth to the rear sprocket.

I assume you have either a K&N filter or a foam filter on the Pro-Design intake/adapter ring?

Consider your mods:
Power Commander is known for being 1-2 HP less than the MSD FI controller. The best on the market is the Vortex ECU, but it requires a dyno tune when you have all of your mods done. Throttle response is so much better than the Power Commander and the MSD, but it is $700 and dyno tunes cost $100-125. Vortex adds more power than the MSD.
Barkers is a good pipe and the dyno results indicate it is a top performer for the R.

- Consider getting your head ported by a reputable builder. I'd suggest Baldwin Motorsports. He did my head and I'm extremely happy with the results.
- Have you considered buying the YFZ intake cam? It's worth 1-1.5 hp on the top end & is a drop in. No need for new springs, retainers, buckets, etc.
- Fuel Customs Intake is worth 0.75-1 hp over the stock intake. It adds ever more hp as you add more mods.
- Bump up the compression with a different piston. I am running a CP MX 13.75:1 piston that was cut 0.070" to bring it down to 13.2:1. This allows me to run 50/50 pump & VP's C12 fuel.