PDA

View Full Version : Best Front Sprockets

Lquad71
02-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Im pretty much sold on ironman for the rear, but i need some opinions on front sprockets. I use DID x ring chains and i used to use renthal sprockets. Now that i have to pay for my sprockets I want to make a good decision. What Front sprockets do you guys prefer? Ive been looking at ironman and supersprox. If anyone has a comparison to how these hold up to renthals that would be great.

CJM
02-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Honestly Ive used everything from JT to primary drive to renthal, etc, etc. Never had issues.

All of the steel sprockets are the same and the aluminum ones are pointless.

DragonGunner
02-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Honestly Ive used everything from JT to primary drive to renthal, etc, etc. Never had issues.

All of the steel sprockets are the same and the aluminum ones are pointless.

ya I've used those also and Sunstar.....probably my most used is a 16 tooth Renthal....its still like brand new....all the others have some curving to the teeth.....so I would say Renthal is longest lasting.....but the others the OP have used I have never heard of.

CJM
02-25-2013, 05:55 PM
The oens the OP mentions are higher end supposedly. Steel is steel in most cases and your just paying for a name.

Im still using the 15T sprocket from 2 years ago on the front of my EX and a newer 36T ive had for about a year as well as a DID chain. Tons of riding and no issues.

deathman53
02-26-2013, 12:20 PM
I tried them all too, it just seamed as they all lasted just as long. I use the ironman rears, did x-ring chain and primary drive xtc front sprockets(I would use the regular ones, but can't safety wire them) Yes, front sprockets in the past have come loose on me.

JOHNDOE83
02-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Like cjm ive tried numerous sprokets.

My favorite is the primary drive, price wise and quality wise.

Steel is Steel.

allum is pointless.

If your sprokets are coming loose "by the bolts" order a 12t front sproket. I ordered one for my 400ex and instead of bolt on it comes with a E or C clip.

ALOT of dirtbikes had clips instead of bolts, mine never came loose or gave me any issues.

CJM
02-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Theres always loctite too.

quad2xtreme
02-26-2013, 06:45 PM
I've used about every brand too and never noticed a difference. I've used the clip instead of the 2 bolts and plate on both 400ex quads for years with zero problem.

My only recommendation is to change out the front much sooner than the rear and you will increase the life of your chain and rear sprocket. Just think about how many more times the front spins around than the chain or the rear sprocket. It is bound to wear first.

Kickstarts-suck
02-27-2013, 01:44 AM
Sidewinder :)

426kidz
02-27-2013, 06:10 PM
top of the line is Sidewinder Titanium2 they are life time warranty and Strong! 89.99 for front,lol:)

deathman53
02-27-2013, 07:19 PM
their warranty is a bunch of crap. I had 2 sets of sidewinder sprockets/chain. One is a 86 atc250r, I wore the front to where it needs to be replaced, but rear and chain are perfect, mind you I got them in 06. Now the other set....88 trx250r, they didn't even last a year, chain got alot of play in it and sprockets hooked. I called them up about the lifetime warranty....it was bogus. They told me that they can't honor it because I wasn't using a stock sized sprockets, I didn't use their chain lube and I had a non-stock motor in it(85 atc250r-nearly the same motor on the outside). They also questioned the aftermarket chain rub on the swingarm and claimed that could make it wear much faster. It seamed they had an excuse for everything.

Black Sheep
03-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Been using Sidewinder stuff since 1989, never had a chain break or any other issues. I have used them on MX bikes, ATC's, 2 stroke and 4 stroke.

My current TPC's both use them and have used the same set since they were built. MX, FMX, TT, Ice, Dunes, Baja, you name it, they take me there and bring back everytime.

Thumpin440ex
03-05-2013, 02:05 AM
I run a sidewinder rear, JT front. Show no signs of wear after 2 years of ridding

John