PDA

View Full Version : Crazy question

qlphoton
02-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Since it was nice out this weekend,i decided to set my front end up since getting some new to me a arms. I set my castor,and camber,but when i went to set toe,which ive got set, my leftside tire sets about 1 inch farther out than the right by using a straight edge off of the back wheels to guage off of.The a arms are not bent,and are the same length of each other,these are +2. Ive also measured from different points on the bike to figure out why,but have not found anything to count for this. I will also add the bike has not been crashed,ive been the only owner. Does anyone have any ideas why? Thank u in advance

JOHNDOE83
02-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Is it possible your rim off set is slightly different, or are they stock rims?

We once bought a set of douglas blue labels and they were both 3x2 offset 10x5 rims, one rim came with the valve punched on the wrong side which if went un-noticed could lead to your issue?

We simply drilled both rims to match and put a valve core in the empty hole backwards so it wasnt noticeable.

Also a bent swinger bolt can make your quad out of square, try checking to see if your quad is still square?

your rim or axle could be bent?

"A 1/16in bend in your swinger bolt could be 1in out of square by the time you go from back wheels to front wheels"

^^ add that to a slightly bent rim, slightly bent axle, 1/16 difference in a manufacturer weld on the frame...etc.

dougyunker
02-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Try rotating your wheel a quarter or half turn and take your measurements again. This should tell you if your rim is bent.