PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!!! Quadtech hood/Maier Plastic ???

honda450r05
02-24-2013, 04:03 PM
I am trying to mount a Quadtech 250r hood on my Walsh hybrid & it does not want to mount correctly?!! I have Maier plastic & when I bought the hood used It didn't have the bolts, nuts with it, but either way I don't understand what I'm missing here??

It doesn't seem to want to mount flush to the plastic & if so, the front 2 & rear 2 line up but then the center 2 on the hood won't sit flush on the plastic?!!!

Anybody have any advice and/or pics?? Hardware info?? Thanks

JOHNDOE83
02-24-2013, 05:54 PM
some people completely cut the section out that the hood mounts to, this way you have some wiggle room for fitment.

If your able to mount front and back but middle isnt flush, maybe you can ad some small bolts to the middle. I made a custom hood and had the same kinda issue, front and back were good but middle wasnt flush.

I drilled 2 small holes on each side of the middle section about 3.5in apart. I then zip tied it so it pulled the middle to the plastic, I zip tied it from the bottom so that you cannot see the zip tie clasp.

It looked good and clean when it was finished, even tho it was homemade....lol.

Ill try and dig up a pic even tho its not exactly what you have.

in the 400ex section type hood in the search box, youll see what alot of people have done to make 450r and 250r hoods work.

JOHNDOE83
02-24-2013, 06:09 PM
This is the only one I found, you can see the zip in the front of the hoodish looking thing I made.

just in case it helps.

this pic was taken during a mock up stage.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/johndoe83_2010/swinger006.jpg

honda450r05
02-24-2013, 06:25 PM
ok cool man! Thanks for the pics too That's not exactly what I have, but as you said it gives me an idea!!

Do you know if they ever made Quadtech hoods that were made specifically for Maier plastic?

JOHNDOE83
02-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Im pretty sure a hood is not offered by maier for what your doing if they even offer one at all, I believe maier only comes in stockish form and full bore.

Try to post a pic of yours maybe someone will come up with a better idea?

tayyo789
05-14-2013, 12:18 AM
Maier makes hoods that fit their plastic, they just look different than a quadtech. They don't have the grill on the front.