PDA

View Full Version : Needle question

sand_blaster
02-23-2013, 05:44 PM
I have a 39mm carb & its rich in the mid range, I have tried leaning it out as much as I could. What would the next leaner needle do I try? I dont know what I have currently, it just what ever came with when I bought it new from esr. It does not foul plugs, but I cant get rid of that blubbery crap from 2nd-3rd & it cleans up from 4th to 6th.
Thank you to anyone who offers any help :)

4WHLr
02-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Assuming you have a 39 pwk keihin. Here is a good sheet on carb tuning that has a chart on the bottom with needle diameters and tapers.
See what you're running now and you'll have an idea which way to go. I have an assortment here from tuning these through the years if you think you know which one you want to try, let me know.

http://www.duncanracing.com/TechCenter/KeihinCarbJetting.pdf

sand_blaster
02-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Ok I think I got an idea what I want to try. I have a DGH, I diffently want to go leaner.. So I'll pm you right now. Thank you so much

jhtrx250r
03-10-2013, 11:17 PM
I run 38 as pwk crabs on my 310 and 310 pv
DEL needle , 50 pilot, 178 main , never foul plugs no issues at any rpm range they run flawlessly.
Pv dynos at 56 HP its a CPI jug race gas , the non pv dynos at 51 pro cross jug pump gas
Hope that helps some
I have also ran them with a DEJ needle but needed to use a 52 pilot with that one.
If you carb is a standard pwk I'm not sure the jets would be the same? I used to run a Duncan taper bored 39mm pwk on one of my old pro cross 310's I want to say I used a DEK needle 52 pilot , 178 main

sand_blaster
03-12-2013, 02:47 AM
I was at Winchester bay this weekend & I tried a DEJ with zero effect still sputtery. So I gotta tear carb apart check my poilet size, I'll try a 52 if its not in there already & head out to sandlake & play around with this. I have a DEK I'll try next as well.
Thanks for the info JH it does help guide me in the right direction.