PDA

View Full Version : Riding today (flipped)

flyin#5
03-15-2003, 06:38 AM
well at 10:00 this morning me and my friend went out and started riding. it is crazy weather at like 60+ degrees since it was -10 last week. so the little snow we have is melting and like every year forms huge lakes in the corn fields and my track. so we went out riding and i went to look for my friend on the 4x4 and i couldnt find him so i turned back toward my house (in the cornfield) i was hitting 4th gear on my 200sx and going along a muddy path in the field with no snow then there was snow for 50ft. i hit it going about 35-40 and it was so heavy with all the water it stopped the quad and me dead in the tracks. i flew about 15ft off the quad into the snow and the quad did a rodeo flip and landed upside down. my friend was over where i was but just on the other side of the hill and he was coming back and saw it all. it was actually fun because the snow took my fall really good but the handebars got pushed down to the gas tank and they were a little bent. so we pushed them back up and bent them back then bent the choke lever back into position and went out again! we did some pretty sweet water skipping too... ever water skip then hit a jump? its scary but fun:) :macho

CHAUNCY
03-15-2003, 06:50 AM
Thats the nice thing about snow. Sometimes when you fall it absorbes your landing somewhat so it wont hurt as much as dirt.

QuadTrix6
03-15-2003, 08:54 AM
lucky ******* ;)

Team Outlaw #34
03-15-2003, 09:01 AM
dddannng....ouch....but sounds like you guys had fun....isn't it crazy how warm it is....today i just polished everything on my 400 lol....too bad we didn't go riding this weekend instead of last weekend cause up in northern wisconsin it was -16 degrees on sunday morning....

flyin#5
03-16-2003, 09:20 AM
yeah it is crazy warm. today and yesterday i rode to my friends house and we were on the lake... the snow melted on top the lake so there was 2-3 inches of water on top the ice. we were riding around roosting really big then we went and got a snowboard and a sled and pulled them behind the sportsman. it was awesome...just like wake boarding and knee boarding. we got some on vid too. then we had a camp fire in shorts and t-shirts.... it was like -10 last week:eek2:

Stevie-D
03-16-2003, 01:46 PM
man...ive got this big rolling field and a shale quarry thats seperated from my yard by like 200 yards of woods. thats where i do the 2 most funnest things....ride quads and CAMPOUT! jeez..as soon as this damned snow melts im having a huge riding party and campout!!!!

Rip_Tear
03-16-2003, 01:52 PM
Crazy. I like all the water :D

coryatver
03-16-2003, 03:53 PM
I kind of did the same thing yesterday. It was really warm and I was riding down a corn field in 4th gear searching for traction in the snow that is still left and the field started to slope and my back end slid down hill and it got to far sideways i couldn't correct it. I slid sideways for almost 20 feet and then my tires dug in the snow and it went upside down and I pushed off so it wouldn't fall on top of me. Got it right side up, started it, and took off again. :p I did bend my brake lever though.:mad:

flyin#5
03-17-2003, 09:55 AM
yeah cory that sounds like what i did except i didnt slide that snow was REALLY heavy and just threw me off the quad. my friend saw it and said it look like i was shot out of a cannon. i got up and ran to the quad as fast as i could... i wasnt even sore:D

BaD_250ex
03-18-2003, 01:11 AM
ever water skip then hit a jump? its scary but fun

No, but I hit a jump then water skipped. I was riding in a conservation park, (shhh dont tell anyone) and there was a little trail I followed that led to a very large puddle, almost a small lake, it was about a ft deep, so i went threw and went up a hill and back down the other side, well on the way back I hit 5th gear and forgot about the water, so I launched over the hill and hit the water and skipped and flipped. Very Very scary, but one of the funnest wrecks of my life.