PDA

View Full Version : possible mx / dunes trx250r part out

jhtrx250r
02-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Well here it is, Im thinking about parting this trx250r out, Its a clone of another one of my trx250r's I built for my wife to ride, she rode it once, she is now pregnant and informed me she will not be riding anymore unless I buy her a RZR.
So I dont need a shop full of 250r's and was thinking I would part this one out if I can get buyers for most of the bigger parts first motor, frame, front end , rear end.
The quad was just redone from the frame up in the summer of 2012

any questions or offers please email me at jhtrx250r@yahoo.com ( the pm box fills up way to fast)

It has roughly 8 hours since full build

Heres a short list and some pics

I just had everything re powder coated this year
almost every nut bolt and part on this quad is new, Roughly 10K invested
I Just went through the motor ( I am a ex honda tech ) has about 8 hrs on it.

Pics show more but dont do it justice
tuned perfectly and runs and rides awesome

I have a clean title in my name

Here is a small list of the basics

Chasie:
OE gusseted frame powder coated semi gloss black
Titled as a 2009
Laeiger +2 front a arms also semi gloss black powder coat, with works triple rate rezie shocks set for 180-210 lb dune and xc
Rear swing arm PRD performance stock leingth with extra travel powder coated semi gloss silver, reworked stock 1989 rear shock
twin row rear carrier
Lone star adjustable rear axle up to +4 I think
Dual row rear bearing carrier
AC pro peg nerf bars (semi gloss black powder as well)
AC extra wide rear xc grab bar
Duncan chrome front bumper

Motor:
Fresh rebuilt 1989 motor
cases checked and matched by superior sleeve
with all new OE honda bearings and seals
New Hot rods short rod crank ballanced and built buy superior sleeve
Pro cross 310 cylinder std big bore 72.00 mm wiesco piston
clean up port XC/Dunes
Polished side covers
200watt stator
V force carbon reeds and reed valve
big bore intake / bilit reed spacer
38mm kehin PWK A/S carburetor
LRD pipe duncan silencer K&N air filter

Body:
All new cables , steel braided brake lines, rebuilt calipers, new pads
ASV levers, many polished and bilit parts
OE Red plastics race cut with monster graphics kit
OE head light and handle bar switch
Black gripper seat cover

jhtrx250r
02-22-2013, 09:50 PM
another pic

jhtrx250r
02-22-2013, 09:51 PM
front

jhtrx250r
02-22-2013, 09:53 PM
motor close up

jhtrx250r
02-22-2013, 09:55 PM
other side of the motor

jjohns5
02-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Nice bike I can tell you took your time on this one, GLWS.

vroomy
02-23-2013, 07:44 AM
emailed you about the bumper, also interested in the seat and gas tank

Velvet-Casket
02-23-2013, 09:20 AM
I'd be interested in the laeger a arms. How much?

jhtrx250r
02-23-2013, 10:41 AM
okay guys, here's the deal , I will only ship to the lower 48 of the US due to shipping being a pain in the tail out of the states.
I will only part of it out if I sell the big stuff first
that means the frame,the motor ,the front suspension as a unit shocks a arms tie rods ,the plastic I will most likely keep,unless you make a very nice offer it is oe Honda replacement plastic a few years old ,remove from another 1 of my quads I will probably keep them as a spare because I know what they costs and I know it is no longer available
I'm looking to get about 2k out of the motor
I know that sounds Steep until you price out what it cost to build an 89 motor with a pro cross cylinder all new Honda bearings and seals gaskets ,and clutch plates .
the front suspension an A arm I would like to see $700, that's roughly what the shocks cost not counting the price of the arms,the arms I bought used and had powder coated then installed new ball joints, so they are like new
front shocks where about 4 years old but were completely gone through and set up at the time of the build last summer ,so they have roughly 8 hours on them .
please stop asking about a price on the front bumper I know it's rare I don't want to sell it until the rest of the quad is parted out.
if you don't like the prices I'm asking you can always feel free to make an offer, I just put about 10 k this thing last summer ,so I know what parts are going for .

sand_blaster
02-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Crazy its been up on craigs list for the longest time.
Hope it sells whole..

jhtrx250r
02-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Yea, I put it up this winter for sale as soon as my wife informed way she wasn't going riding anymore unless I bought her a RZR ,I had people tried trying to trade me all kinds of stuff but nothing I wanted ,and nobody ever saw it in person ,sandblaster, I remember talking to you about your 310 cylinder when I was building this bike.
I wouldn't mind selling at Whole but it takes a certain kind of Buyer that knows what it costs to build 1 of these correctly ,it's worth more in parts ,just kind of a pain to part out,that's why I want to sell the big stuff first .

250R4EVR
02-24-2013, 11:21 AM
nice quad, you have a few parts that are sought after, however it's still a standard travel, stock framed 250R.. After you sell the motor, plastic and bumper your left with a bunch of parts that can be found just about anywhere... Tear it down, price things out and make what you can $$$ if your trying to really sell it .. Just my opinion.

People about kill each other for them front bumpers. I don't get it, did they not make that many ? Someone will pry pay a pretty penny for that thing !

jhtrx250r
04-20-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm going to start moving forward with the part out ,I need to make a correction ,I checked my records and the front bumper is not a Duncan
its a timmy boy, it has a dent in the lower corner of the bottom you can see it in the picture,
the frame, pipe, nerf bars,plastic and hood,carburetor ,and wheels and tires, as well as the rear grab bar are sold pending payment
everything else is up for grabs before it ends up on eBay

tharrison365
04-20-2013, 08:09 PM
any way you would split up motor? interested in cylinder piston and carb

jhtrx250r
04-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Don't want to sell the top end off the motor, carburetor already sold pending payment , its in the last post

sand_blaster
04-20-2013, 11:16 PM
If the deal falls through on the hood & nerfs, let me know what your looking for in prices? Also interested in axle.

ceaserthethird
04-21-2013, 02:23 AM
Should move quick on the Bay...

jhtrx250r
04-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Timmy boy front bumper $250 plus shipping , shipping only to lower 48 of the us , remember its got a dent and slight bend lower corner. See pics. For fast response don't pm me email me at jhtrx250r@yahoo.com put the subject your emailing about in or email will go to junk mail.