PDA

View Full Version : Pet peeve of mine...

wfo4rv
02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
When you are inquiring about a quad and ask for a parts list and instead of listing everything on the quad they say "too much stuff to list" . To me that means automatically bad seller. Anyone else?

cloudpump
02-21-2013, 04:17 PM
too much to list means you are too lazy sitting in front of you computer. usually means to me that you either dont pay attention to what you got, or you dont care...

TacicalRedneck
02-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Ive done that a few times, posted from my phone, in a hurry, wanted an ad up asap.
;)

wfo4rv
02-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by TacicalRedneck
Ive done that a few times, posted from my phone, in a hurry, wanted an ad up asap.
;)

I'm not talking on the ad, I'm talking when you respond saying your interested and they still say there is too much to list...

muddy400EX
02-22-2013, 09:07 PM
i think putting it in the ad is bad enough, but actually talking to the guy? sounds like an idiot

Tommy Warren
02-23-2013, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by wfo4rv
When you are inquiring about a quad and ask for a parts list and instead of listing everything on the quad they say "too much stuff to list" . To me that means automatically bad seller. Anyone else?

that just means that the parts are nothing important...like a billet case saver, inspection plugs, just all useless crap

KKiowaTJ
02-23-2013, 08:40 AM
I look at it a couple ways. Kid selling quad that mommy and daddy dumped alot of money in and they really dont know whats in it but a high price tag.

Or, Like mentioned parts that are worthless or should be there anyway. Like nerf bars, To me that should be on all quads and if you spent $400 thats your loss. Or "new tires", What they dont come with tires? Your just nice enough to include a set, Mighty white of you.....

I like the "Too much custom to list". IMO thats a hack machine that was put togeather in a tweakers garage to buy more shake and bake. Some call it a hybrid, Others a rolling jail sentence waiting to happen if they run the #'s.

If it says "inquire" about and then you get a email folder sent, You found a person who kept track and all paper work is in order. Price is usually firm and they dont care if it sells or not, They didnt list it to give it away.

Ruby Soho
02-23-2013, 03:02 PM
that doesn't bother me, its when they list oem stuff like its aftermarket.

for example-

honda grey frame paint, disc brakes, steel sprocket, o ring chain, cut fenders, pro taper grips. cmon really, you have a stock quad with grips. you don't have to pretend its modified.

CJM
02-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
that doesn't bother me, its when they list oem stuff like its aftermarket.

for example-

honda grey frame paint, disc brakes, steel sprocket, o ring chain, cut fenders, pro taper grips. cmon really, you have a stock quad with grips. you don't have to pretend its modified.

Thats exactly what I hate.

Also really hate when they say its clean and runs well and you show up and its a pos leaking oil all over the place.

TacicalRedneck
02-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by KKiowaTJ

Or "new tires", What they dont come with tires? Your just nice enough to include a set, Mighty white of you.....

:D :D
lol- better than when they dont anything about them, show up, and their bald.
(only in the case where the pictures have been taken from far away):chinese:

wilkin250r
02-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
that just means that the parts are nothing important...like a billet case saver, inspection plugs, just all useless crap

Indeed. New grips, inspection plug, case saver, chrome lug nuts, billet shifter, gas cap, handlebar clamp, clutch lever, seat cover, grab bar, throttle cover, chain guide, parking brake block-off, water pump cover, axle locknut, and drain bolt.

$400 in worthless garbage that doesn't do a d@mn thing, and they expect to recoup full retail price for all of it.

fastredrider44
02-27-2013, 07:27 AM
I guess we're talking Craigslist pet peeves. Here's a few of mine.

As a seller

Calling me and talking to me about your life story.

Calling me and saying you're gonna buy it when you get the money.

Calling me and setting up a time and meeting place and not showing up. I've finally figured out how to avoid that.

Texting me for pictures when they're posted online.

Asking dumb questions. Like, why is that pipe so big? (2 stroke)

Asking 100 questions, then all of the sudden, stop talking.

Lowball offers that you know I'm not going to accept. I understand everyone is broke, but theres a low offer, then there's a lowball offer that isn't even going to provoke a response from me.

As a buyer

Not responding.

I ask if the motor is locked up and they say they don't know anything about the bike.

False advertising or using an old picture before you trashed it out of spray painted it.

When they ask me repeatedly if they think I'm going to buy it before I've even made plans to come look at it.

Calling me and telling me it's sold when I'm halfway there.

Trying to convince me that a 450R motor can be rebuilt for around 100 bucks, or trying to tell me how much power your bike has. Guess they never considered the buyer might know a lot more than they do.

Guess that's it for now. I'll think of more later.

fastredrider44
02-27-2013, 07:36 AM
Oh yeah, one of my biggest... If I have NO TRADES in the ad, please don't try to trade me your boats, buggys, cars, trucks motorcycles etc. If I want to trade something, I would put trades welcomed. :o

bbender85
02-27-2013, 08:15 AM
my peeve:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=483551&highlight=bottom+dollar

beastlywarrior
02-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Little kids begging you to trade for their crap then you actually try to work out a deal with them they say they don't want it anymore

wfo4rv
02-27-2013, 08:59 AM
I don't mind making an offer and don't pull out the bottom dollar, however, it annoys me when the seller does not even give you a price in mind... Something to start with

Fix29
02-27-2013, 02:36 PM
I don't get bothered much when somebody asks me what my bottom dollar is. What ticks me off is when my asking price is $400 and after they ask me what my bottom dollar is I reply "I'd do $300 and no less if you come get it today." Then they respond, "Well I could give you $250 next weekend."

wilkin250r
02-27-2013, 03:15 PM
I hate the garbage trades. You want to trade a motorcycle for my jeep, I'll consider it. You want to trade a boat for my ATV, I'll consider.

But don't offer me an x-box, 4 games, a computer monitor, a weight set, 3 truck rims, a snowboard, a set of steak knives, a 1-gallon compressor, a pre-lit christmas tree, a rotary phone, a socket set with only 6 pieces missing, and a oil painting of dogs playing poker. Even if all that stuff DOES combine to come near my asking price, that doesn't mean I want all that crap. And no, I'm not going to just resell it, it's not that easy. If that's the route you have in mind, then YOU "just sell it", and bring me cash.

Honestly, I would rather have somebody lowball me, at least they're already expecting a rejection.

Fix29
02-27-2013, 05:16 PM
I hate the garbage trades. You want to trade a motorcycle for my jeep, I'll consider it. You want to trade a boat for my ATV, I'll consider.

But don't offer me an x-box, 4 games, a computer monitor, a weight set, 3 truck rims, a snowboard, a set of steak knives, a 1-gallon compressor, a pre-lit christmas tree, a rotary phone, a socket set with only 6 pieces missing, and a oil painting of dogs playing poker. Even if all that stuff DOES combine to come near my asking price, that doesn't mean I want all that crap. And no, I'm not going to just resell it, it's not that easy. If that's the route you have in mind, then YOU "just sell it", and bring me cash.

Honestly, I would rather have somebody lowball me, at least they're already expecting a rejection.

I'm not sure if this is more of an STL Craigslist thing or pretty much all over. But I get quite a few people that call me and ask me if I'd be willing to trade and when I ask them what they have they start naming a bunch of things along the same lines you mentioned and seems like they always mention that they have a bunch of old truck tires with 10% or so tread left. What value do you really think your worn out tires are to me? lol

CJM
02-27-2013, 07:45 PM
I get that too. I list I take trades and put "no junk" in there. I get offered everything under the sun. WTF am I gonna do with your worn out truck tires or a blaster IDK but they offer.

By now I have an email setup just for CL and I just delete the pointless emails. I also specify I want your phone number so we can talk. Usually that also weeds out the idiots.

wilkin250r
02-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Right?

Do you really think I'm selling my ATV in order to buy a set of truck tires, a treadmill, some stereo speakers, a handful of DVDs, a china set, and a pool cue? No, I'm selling it to put cash into one of my other projects. CASH (or a cool new project, emphasis on cool) I'm sure your patio furniture is indeed worth $200, but that doesn't mean I want it.

CJM
02-28-2013, 12:34 PM
But, but, but patio furniture is valuable stuff!!!! Why wouldnt you want it? :D

cloudpump
02-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by CJM
But, but, but patio furniture is valuable stuff!!!! Why wouldnt you want it? :D
especially since its from my parents that bought it in the 90's.

wilkin250r
03-01-2013, 09:34 AM
I'll throw in a vacuum cleaner...