PDA

View Full Version : Motor build

wickestangwv
02-20-2013, 07:55 AM
If you were going to have someone build you a turn key motor for a mxr 90 that will only race mx. Who would you get to build it? and why? PM or just post up here very interested and looking to have one built.

nastynotchback1
02-20-2013, 09:10 AM
I would have Max Rpm or Hot quads.Max Rpm has taken good care of me and there motors make great power.Marc at Hot Quads has done the same and his stuff is stupid fast also.The customer service of Hot Quads is hard to beat.

ontargetracing
02-20-2013, 11:51 AM
I would have to agree with nasty. Having owned motors from both, a 70 from Marc and a 90 built by Justin. They are fast and well built and we never had a mechanical.. also, both have been proven at the highest levels ATVA and GNCC.. Both guys will take care of you cant go wrong with either

FISH ON!
02-20-2013, 05:50 PM
I have an obvious bias. But one data point that is hard to argue is the National results. Maximum RPM won all the top 90 CVT classes in both the MX Nationals and GNCC woods racing. Hard to top that.

I will say also that you can't go wrong with Hot Quads or Hetrick.

asadad00
02-21-2013, 06:03 AM
I am sure most of the shops represented here on the forum do fine work since they have stood the test of time. I can personally verify that marc at Hot quads builds a very fast and most of all reliable motor, he has built 4 national engines for us and everyone was perfect and by far the fastest. Hot Quads is also easy to reach and get quick response, as said great customer service.
good luck.

selbygirl
02-21-2013, 09:47 AM
hotquads

wickestangwv
02-21-2013, 10:58 AM
What about G-force? Gary seems really honest and not just out to take peoples money.

edwardsp&b
02-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Both mentioned are great builders. There are some others out there, but these are the two Id pick from. Some others are more worried about your dollar than your motor or your racer.

Im a little biased towards Marc too. I can call him anytime I need and he will work out the problem over the phone. Every time we raced anywhere in the country, the first call I recieved after the moto was over was from Marc. Checking on Ben, seeing how the motor ran. That is where he differs from others to me. Just to know that after he got my money he still cared about us and what he sold us. Ive had motors built by just about everybody, if I had to build another one tommorow, Marc would receive my call.

Gary at Gforce is a great one to deal with also. Last year we ran under his banner. After Ben won the overall at round 1 my phone was blowing up between Marc and Gary congratulating us. To me its the service after the sale thats most important.

Alot of the guys also use Justin at Max rpm when running Nats. Justin is at every race, and is a real nice guy. He also builds a heck of a motor. You just have to watch out for that crew he hangs around though! LOL Losey I mean you!!!!

Bryan

asadad00
02-21-2013, 03:53 PM
are yuo wanting a budget build or national quality build? do you intend to build a 2Fast motor? The new 89.9 2fast is AWESOME.

wickestangwv
02-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Not looking for national quality But i want dependable. And i want competative with the other kids that race local races

ontargetracing
02-21-2013, 04:18 PM
most places that still means a national caliber motor lol.. you might want to look into purchasing a used motor.. you can save some $$ and still get a very completive motor..

asadad00
02-21-2013, 04:28 PM
not sure about your area and competition but if any of them have a 2Fast you will not be competitive without one ,IMO. Nothing worse than building a new engine and showing up to find out you don't have enough motor to get the job done, choose wisely.

selbygirl
02-21-2013, 09:08 PM
i would get hot quads to build your motor. marc built our frist motor years ago , on a budget that i could afford ,, he strait up honest and wont sell you somthing you dont need, then i started building my own motors . i could email or call marc and he was there every step of the way to help build our motors for our son . not many peaple are like that in this greedy world , i dont no if hotquads would consider me family but i would . now that we are not raceing eny more . from time to time marc keeps in touch talking about our kids

thequadfather+2
03-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by FISH ON!
I have an obvious bias. But one data point that is hard to argue is the National results. Maximum RPM won all the top 90 CVT classes in both the MX Nationals and GNCC woods racing. Hard to top that.

I will say also that you can't go wrong with Hot Quads or Hetrick.

I think all of them are capable.....However, I would just like to point out that they all shared the podium as well. Max Lindquist won the 50 cvt championship (Hot Quads), Henson grabbed nearly every holeshot in that class all year long and he was on a Hot Quads built machine as well. Trevor Thatcher won the 70 championship and Corey buids all his own stuff through his shop (Fierce Powersports)....Everyone remembers how dang fast Zimmerman was on a Hetrick backed machine. Grayson Eller captured several hole shots in 90cvt/90auto sr with a Hetrick machine. The dominant team in the 90 class was definately the Max Rpm team with Wolfe and Voiles....They wore out the podium, no doubt.

At the national races track side support is important. Max RPM and Hetrick both have the best you can get.

I know you are just looking for someone to build your engine. The reality is that all of these shops are successful and more than capable of building you are really fast reliable engine. My personal experience is mostly with Max RPM and Hot Quads.

wickestangwv
03-10-2013, 02:11 PM
I've actually decided to let Kerry Simmons at SRP Machine build it. He builds some very fast machines around where I live and goes to most of the local races which will help with the track sided support. Check his website out.

http://www.southernracingpunks.com/

ontargetracing
03-11-2013, 10:08 AM
tell Kerry the Saieva's said hi... he is a good guy and helped us out alot when we first got started..