PDA

View Full Version : flexx bars vs precision clamps vs anti vibe stem

d90rick
02-19-2013, 08:10 AM
hi guys, i am still working on my rebuild. i have a question about the flexx bars, precision clamps and anti vibe stem. i am looking to get a little 'comfort' out of my steering setup (i have ccp stabilizer btw). what is the real world difference between all the above? i would like my steerer abit longer and read the precision clamps raise the bars about 3/4", true? also, any input would be much appreciated as usual! Thanks!

426kidz
02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
I hear great things about the FLEX bars, I have a +2 stem and a six5design anti vibe clamp and it feels great. If your taller and need a little more length get a plus 2 stem, ant-vibe clamp and fat bars will help also.

drillteamleader
02-19-2013, 04:43 PM
I have a +2 antivibe stem with precision clamps and fat bars. It is very comfy!! I have never tried flex bars, but i would think they would be better. with the precision clamp if you push straight down, like landing a jump, they do nothing. If you land a little off they help a lot. Flex bars being independant side to side will always dampen a force up and down. With an antivibe stem they will be superior in my eyes.

Longdong
02-19-2013, 06:51 PM
The precision clamps raise the bars about 3/4" to 1". I have flex bars with rebound and compression on my quad. My sons race quad has precision clamps. They both are good setups!