PDA

View Full Version : Another tire thread....

KKiowaTJ
02-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Whats some opinions on the dunlap radial 20-6-10, LTR stockers?

That and are the GBC xrex any good? I need a harder tire for the asphalt i ride somtimes. I want to stay 20/20, But the xrex is a 21" and might give it a try. I can get a set of full xrex's for under $300. But need a harder tire than my mx6r's.

Just curious on whats out their on the cheaper side or what the best free ride/trails and some mx tires are. Thanks for any help

mxquad53
02-18-2013, 09:37 PM
sti makes a good xc and a mx tire, both had good reviews in the magazines. riding on the road will kill any atv tire.

odog
02-18-2013, 10:43 PM
just got my new rarz ballances in today 20/11/9 rear tires every since i bought my quad it had maxxis razr IIs on it so ill see how the ballances compare this weekened.

KKiowaTJ
02-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Unless they are cheap, I dont want to melt 1/2 the tread off around town.

I understand any atv tire will wear quick on road, I think im just going to try the GBC XREX tires. Ill have my old gncc's for spares that look semi similar and a thick tire. The xrex tires look decent and i hope they run small. The fronts look decent enough.

d90rick
02-19-2013, 07:29 AM
the x-rex's wear really well and are a nice 6 ply. mine ran a bit small, the front 21's are actually 20's and the rear 20's are actually 19''. i dont really know if they corrected this or not. but i am really happy with them. i did groove mine and it really help with inline traction. plus they were like $250 for the set from kg motorcycles

KKiowaTJ
02-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by d90rick
the x-rex's wear really well and are a nice 6 ply. mine ran a bit small, the front 21's are actually 20's and the rear 20's are actually 19''. i dont really know if they corrected this or not. but i am really happy with them. i did groove mine and it really help with inline traction. plus they were like $250 for the set from kg motorcycles

Sweet, Thats what i wanted to hear and hopefully they didnt correct it lol. I dont mind the sizes, But i do like a smaller front tire. The 6ply also caught my eye. Never popped a 2ply front but a thicker tire will help.

Ill look up kg and see what their prices are. Thanks a bunch.

TacicalRedneck
02-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by KKiowaTJ
Unless they are cheap, I dont want to melt 1/2 the tread off around town.

I understand any atv tire will wear quick on road, I think im just going to try the GBC XREX tires. Ill have my old gncc's for spares that look semi similar and a thick tire. The xrex tires look decent and i hope they run small. The fronts look decent enough.

If your looking for a smaller tire i wouldn't go with an xrex rear. Fronts look good, but i just don't like the look of the 11" wide rears.

If I had it to do over again, I'd of went with GBC x-rex fronts and a 20x10x9 rear. Maybe an actual rzr 1, or CST ambush.

KKiowaTJ
02-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Well i ordered a set to give them a try. I read alot of reviews and the only bad opinions were from people who value vanity and maxxis on the sidewall. Other than that people who ran both said they are one in the same.

Got a full set of 21-7-10/20-11-9 for $290 shipped.

I was also told they wont be making these under the name X-REX anymore, A company got butt hurt on the trademark. I think he said the new replacement will be XC master?

2001400exrida
02-20-2013, 07:41 AM
yeah somebody apparently threatened to sue about the name. xc master is the new name, they are almost identical to razr 2's.