PDA

View Full Version : flexx bars pros and cons `

beck125
02-18-2013, 03:26 PM
alrighty. i am looking into getting a set of flexx bars.. ive heard good and bad about them.. im running a houser 1+ antivibe and clamp.. ect. Just wanting to hear what your opinions are .. for racing mx. not Xc.
jb

fmfhonda250r
02-18-2013, 04:22 PM
I run them and they are great. Only downfall imo is they are spendy but worth the money imo.

d3ktrix
02-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Ive been using them for years, wouldn't ride without them.
I rode with a wrist injury for a while, and only possible because of them.

Sometimes when u land with the quad on a bad angle ur wrists will really feel it. Not with the flexx bars though.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
02-19-2013, 06:45 AM
Pros- Absorbs a lot of impact, helps for people with bad or who have broken their wrists in the past, motor vibration, Helps with Arm Pump

Cons- Price, Maintenance (Normal bars you don't have to)

They are worth the money. I love mine.

fomospede
02-19-2013, 08:59 AM
ive ran them on multiple quads
changed to the precision last year and wouldnt go back for nothing
precision mounts
work better
lighter
no maintenance
100 $ less
also they sit lower and are less obstruction in your line of sight

IMO

LumpyCamTRX
03-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by fomospede
ive ran them on multiple quads
changed to the precision last year and wouldnt go back for nothing
precision mounts
work better
lighter
no maintenance
100 $ less
also they sit lower and are less obstruction in your line of sight

IMO

x2 I had a bad broken wrist and i swore by the flexx bars until i rode with the precision mount i wouldn't go back for anything

speedracer350X
03-02-2013, 01:38 PM
I disagree, ran the Prec. mounts with all stock bars/grips etc on my 450r for a season and a half of hare scramble. Then switched to Flexx bars for the last half of last season ( 5 or so races). No more or very minimal arm pump and fatigue with the Flexx bars. I wouldn't go back to Prec mounts. They worked OK, but remember, I was using all stock Honda 2007 450ER bars, mounts, grips, stem, etc. The only thing I had to get different than stock was a mod quad clamps for oversize bars, plus it also incorporates the lights and key switch. Def. spend your money on Flexx bars, you won't be dis appointed.

yfm250rider
03-04-2013, 01:20 PM
in my opinion i hate flex bars i do not like the feeling of my handlebars moving under my hands than again i race mx so the jarring is not that bad plus the cost and lack of space to mount on the flex bars turns me off

speedracer350X
03-04-2013, 05:40 PM
I agree, it's all opinion. Like I said , I'm a hare scramble, "fast trail " riding kinda guy. Gotta work the next day. My style is all about not beating myself up to bad and recovery, maybe in mx style racing, a regular bar will do, but an hour and a half - 2 hour hare scramble race takes it outta me. Again, just my opinion on having had both different systems.

slainwarrior
03-05-2013, 07:21 AM
I wish some more people would share there experiences with both Im having trouble deciding which to go with. I just started taking mx seriously this past year. I know my arm pump issue has alot to do with still being out of shape but I think the flex bars or precision mounts would help me a great deal but I cant deicide.

310ESR
03-05-2013, 08:42 PM
I have both on two quads and I just bought another Precision. I finished a 1:45 minute worcs race. Both are great put I prefer the Precision. Just my opinion

XC_Racer_129
03-06-2013, 10:18 AM
I don't have either (yet) but I was also doing this debate, so I rode a couple of my buddies quads with each.

The flex bars are nice, but I think it's a strange feeling when one side moves and the other doesn't. It's an unbalanced feel. Plus, if you buy bars and don't like the height, width, etc, you need to buy different flex bars, which are expensive.

I prefer the precision mounts. I didn't get to ride with these much, but I felt more comfortable with them. This could also be because you can run any type of bar you want, and this quad had the same bend pro-taper bars that I run. The precisions are cheaper and allows me to keep my same bars, only .75" higher, which I can compensate with a lower bend if I decide to.

beck125
03-06-2013, 09:23 PM
yeah i was having the same thoughts .. i get arm pump if im pushing myself hard as hell. but i dont know how i would react riding wise to flex bars.. and the massive difference between those and fat bars that ive rode with my entire life. thanks all for putting in your thoughts , i will try to see if i can ride a friends before i drop 200 on just bars. cheers
jb