PDA

View Full Version : Do ta think I can make my bike "road legal"?

Narly R
03-14-2003, 05:36 PM
Ok, Im thinkin if I can talk the police, (or whoever runs it) if I can make my bike road legal!!!:D I mean why by a truck when I can just ride my wheeler????:cool: But Id prolly get kicked off the roads or get my bike took for roostin all the coppers!!!:devil But I live in oregon, and I saw someone in arizona that put like a tail light hedlight speedometer mirror and horn on it and it was road legel. Could I do sumthin like that here?.................:confused: :rolleyes:

CHAUNCY
03-14-2003, 05:38 PM
I know they sell kits for street legal conversions. I dont know which states allow them though.

Narly R
03-14-2003, 05:45 PM
MOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!:devil It will be really hard to kepp it on all 4's!!!:( :devil

CHAUNCY
03-14-2003, 05:47 PM
yeah. I could see pullin a wheely down the road then go climbing any hills I see.

Narly R
03-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Hey thats why people fall asleep at the wheel, cause its so boring, but now the new and improved................. 4-wheeler keeps your adrenilen pumping and you will never hafe to worry about falling asleep!!! Or drinking and driving cause it requires two hands to drive a bike!!!! Man Im just bustin out good reasons quads should be roal legal.................... wait I do ride mine on the road! SHHHHHHHH please dont tell on me!!!!!!:scary: :D

jamiesel
03-14-2003, 06:19 PM
narlyr

Bad news,

Just a few years ago it WAS legal in Oregon. For whatever reason, like 3 years ago hwy use was outlawed on atv's.

I think the only way you could make it legal now is to convert a street legal motorcycle into a quad. I am thinking like old crappy street bike. And modify it to the degree that you have hardly anything left from original save the VIN #.

Any other thoughts on this? Anyone?

Stevie-D
03-15-2003, 02:04 AM
IMO, being street legal means being able to go faster than the cop chasing you

Narly R
03-15-2003, 05:47 AM
Iv seen a street bike in DW that they made into a wheeler for road use! But I kinda didnt want to hafe to do that, prolly just get a truck. But Ill go talk to the DMV or police station.

03-15-2003, 06:09 AM
cops would still pull you over for no reason :rolleyes:

CHAUNCY
03-15-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by WOT400ex
cops would still pull you over for no reason :rolleyes:

Sad but probably true

flyin#5
03-15-2003, 06:44 AM
thats what ive always thought of doing, just have a quad and you can use it for driving and the track trails...ect. and also remember quads use much less gas and (4strokes) usually burn really clean. we just got back from riding to the gas station. no one around here gives a crap. my friend rode his shee over thursday and he passed a guy on the highway and he just waved at him.

CHAUNCY
03-15-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5
thats what ive always thought of doing, just have a quad and you can use it for driving and the track trails...ect. and also remember quads use much less gas and (4strokes) usually burn really clean. we just got back from riding to the gas station. no one around here gives a crap. my friend rode his shee over thursday and he passed a guy on the highway and he just waved at him.

I wish it was like that here.

Narly R
03-15-2003, 07:02 AM
Its like that here too, the only way to get into trouble by ridding on the road is if a cop catches you. My parents are cool about it, they let me and a friend ride on the road at night!!! Its asways fun to pass cars!!!We go and get gas at this gas station all the time, but then agin I live out in the BOON DOCKS!!!!!!! I think everyone in this "town" is related:confused2

Stevie-D
03-15-2003, 01:47 PM
Its like that here too, the only way to get into trouble by ridding on the road is if a cop catches you. My parents are cool about it, they let me and a friend ride on the road at night!!! Its asways fun to pass cars!!!We go and get gas at this gas station all the time, but then agin I live out in the BOON DOCKS!!!!!!! I think everyone in this "town" is related
man i hear ya..

my parents are pretty cool about letting me out on the roads. they used to never let me, but they started to when we got the snow and there was nowhere for me to ride around here. i havent been to any gas stations cuz the nearest one is like 8 miles away:huh
noone around here seems to mind us out riding the roads. most people will even wave at me when i ride by. ive found that if i obey the traffic laws, most people are pretty cool about it:macho

Narly R
03-15-2003, 02:25 PM
Yea, the gas astation is like 5-8 miles away, but we take all the back roads and make it like a 30 mile trip and only go on road 4 like 2 miles!:D It soooooooo cool cause I can get to like ALL the coo roidden places from my house. I do hafe to ride on the road in some parts, but hardly any!!! Me and my friends take the 4x4's out and go camp in the woods by the gas station, so we go down and get food and gas about twice a day!!!!4x4's in the mud are almost as fun as my r on the track!!!! :devil

Stevie-D
03-16-2003, 02:19 AM
there are a bunch of riding places around here that i can just ride my quad to. i do have to go on the roads a little, but only on a few dirt roads.

400exrules
03-16-2003, 07:26 AM
we have 3 gas stations like 1/4 a mile down the road from my house, i could walk there in like 5 minutes easy :blah its pretty cool cuz there are car washes and pressure washin car washer things at one of them gas stations too incase u need to clean up after a muddy ride. ive seen acouple muddy 400ex's down there gettin rinsed off.