PDA

View Full Version : grrrr riders

TacicalRedneck
02-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Here goes my rant...
So- i went riding a few days ago- at the local trails.

It used to be a really nice place to ride- i know the guy pretty good that owns the farm.. The trails stay on the outsides of feilds and in the woods.

Well i started out- and I got to a creek crossing with a pretty steep bank on the other side. From the looks of it sxs's had gassed it up the hill making some very deeep ruts, making it almost impossiball for me to get up- so i had to go around the side close to a bunch of trees.... My tires never even slipped going up that hill before!!

Then i come to an open feild... Well, it used to be an open feild... Now it was mud.......

I really have to rant about this- everytime i see the utes out they are craving mud- seems like their goal is to get their quad muddy....
Meanwhile, the trails are rutted out and pretty much destroyed

:scary: :scary:

The majority of people i see on the trails have no respect..... Seems like everyone in a sxs or utility is drinking beer and pitching cans.....

:mad:

muddy400EX
02-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by TacicalRedneck
Here goes my rant...
So- i went riding a few days ago- at the local trails.

It used to be a really nice place to ride- i know the guy pretty good that owns the farm.. The trails stay on the outsides of feilds and in the woods.

Well i started out- and I got to a creek crossing with a pretty steep bank on the other side. From the looks of it sxs's had gassed it up the hill making some very deeep ruts, making it almost impossiball for me to get up- so i had to go around the side close to a bunch of trees.... My tires never even slipped going up that hill before!!

Then i come to an open feild... Well, it used to be an open feild... Now it was mud.......

I really have to rant about this- everytime i see the utes out they are craving mud- seems like their goal is to get their quad muddy....
Meanwhile, the trails are rutted out and pretty much destroyed

:scary: :scary:

The majority of people i see on the trails have no respect..... Seems like everyone in a sxs or utility is drinking beer and pitching cans.....

:mad:

its the EXACT same for me. 90% of riders are goons on utes and sxs. all they want is MUUUUD!!!!!!!!! the trails and hills are being destroyed, some are not even rideable anymore. and not just the trails, these f'n goons go in the pit area/pit road when it's muddy, and tear the HELL out of it. really sucks that there is so many of these riders. if i ever owned an off road park, it would be bikes, and sport quads only.

quad2xtreme
02-16-2013, 05:15 PM
My wife and I stopped going to Black Mountain in Harlen, Kentucky. It used to be better than Hatfield McCoy trails especially because the trails were barely maintained. It's gotten so bad with the SxS tearing it up. They love to stay in rear wheel drive and just spin up the hills. The utility quad riders are often just as bad...ride at a slow arse pace just crawling along then start spinning the tires to get up the inclines. It has to be pretty bad before a light goes off in their extremely small brains to put it into 4-wheel drive. These guys either need to learn to go with a little momentum or just put it in 4-wheel drive from the start.

CJM
02-16-2013, 08:00 PM
I dont mind my spots too much, mostly locals. The out of towners have no idea about the trails so they just stay in the main pit areas which is nice. Course the sand pit I love to ride in is usually being carved up daily so its kinda tough to really worry b/c from day to day if they dig there it changes.

Biggest gripe is due to the hurricane there are alot of downed trees blocking our very nice trails. Gonna hafta clean them up come spring.