PDA

View Full Version : exhaust questions???

badasprn
02-13-2013, 03:18 PM
looking at getting a new exhasut for the blaster. Have a fmf gold series on it now but was wandering if you guys have used others and the difference if any in power or length of powerband or where it comes in on different pipes.

headache
02-19-2013, 12:34 PM
well i have ran a few different pipes on different setups but heres my opinion. the Fmf is a great low to mid pipe that will sign off early on a high rpm ported motor. dg heapipes suck, they can't support much more power than stock. The shearer inframe has gobs of lowend and roll on power, great for woods/harescramble racing. I ran a Dynoport on a ported 240 and it was amazing. went from fmf to it. Lost a little down low but absolutely screamed thru the mid-topend. Def the best all around pipe ive ridden on a modified motor. I had an FTZ infame on a ported stock bore motor had a crazy powerband. no power down low but revved to the moon.

headache
02-19-2013, 12:37 PM
On a side note my brother had a stock cylinder blaster ported by ftz racing with race gas cut head, stock carb and fmf pipe. It was pretty dang fast, but he switched headpipes over to a powerpros (same as ct and trinity and F7) and it came alive and would stay side by side with his friends kfx450 on pavement in a drag. he said the lowend was close to the fmf but that the topend revved out way farther.

badasprn
02-20-2013, 12:05 PM
thanks for the info just what i was lookin for can not thank you enough so where do i look so that i can purchase these kind of pipes????

headache
02-21-2013, 09:44 AM
you can get the trinity pipe off ebay for under 350 for complete pipe.

drxracing
02-23-2013, 06:44 PM
I have a shear pipe for sale if interestead i also have a bunch of after market parts as well

greenmachine70
02-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by drxracing
I have a shear pipe for sale if interestead i also have a bunch of after market parts as well
Check pm's

drxracing
02-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Pm sent