PDA

View Full Version : Some people!!!!

TacicalRedneck
02-11-2013, 06:19 PM
So i had a guy text me about my quad....

"I'll be there at 5:30"

5:45: where u at?

"My sister had a game"

2+ days later

u still gonna look at that quad?

no responce....

google phone #:

differant state a long ways from me.....

I gave him my address!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Few days ago:

Guy makes offer: Call him later:

"on my way- call you halfway there"

call him an hour later (doesn't answer my 5+ cell calls, but answers when i use a differant phone)
(he says he's in a close town )

So i go out and wash my quad in cold weather with cold water while i feel terrible and have a fever...

the hours pass.....

no answers...

googled his phone #, and i learned the # kept harrassing some random dude, obscene phone calls, and who knows what all.....

:scary: :scary: :scary: :scary: :scary:

JOHNDOE83
02-11-2013, 06:53 PM
I posted a ad on craigslist, I was selling a 94 honda xr80r in perfect running condition with new tires and a TITLE for $500 FIRM.

I couldnt even count how many people want you to deliver it, call and ask if it runs, will you trade for my ps3 or xbox, can you donate it to my friend who lost his mother last month, will you take $250 for it, why does it have a title, why did you replace the tires, will you deliver it, can you bring it 50+ miles away so I can look at it.

In 2 weeks Ive had these STUPID questions asked numerous times, Ive given up on selling it now, Ive passed up legit buyers simply because of these Aholes, so back in the garage it goes.

Anytime they ask for a address, I give them the address to a abandoned house on the corner. That way any legit buyer will call and say theres nobody here, then I can say "Im outside, I see you up the street, come over here now".

Then if the abandon house gets broke into I still got my stuff and learned a valueable lesson:chinese:

muddy400EX
02-11-2013, 07:18 PM
havent posted on craigslist in a couple years, but the trades were insane, one kid (assuming it was a kid) asked if i would trade, and put a whole list, xbox,bicycle,paintball gun, necklace's blah blah.

but now the spams are even worse, my dad had his bike on there a couple weeks ago, within 24 hours he had 3 spam attempts. ridiculous

CJM
02-11-2013, 07:52 PM
I just set up the ads to say:
-Phone number in email or I dont respond
-Dont offer me stupid stuff, I outlined what I would trade and want. You dont have that stuff dont bother
-No, I wont sell it for 500 bucks period
-You meet me somewhere public, dont like it dont bother
-Bring the cash, ALL OF IT! DOnt have all the cash hey Ill sell you however much moneys worth you got!
-Dont ask if its still for sale, if its listed it is
-First person to come gets it, dont care if you arrive 2 mins after with more cash they were there first.
-You wanna take it for a test ride, sure gimme your license and the cash and you can ride it anywhere you want. When you bring it back you can have your license.

Mostly I just send the emails to a dummy email I have for things like this. Weed them out and call them back using google. Works rather well.

Also always have someone besides you if your going to meet in a public place.

Ive never been screwed by taking my own advice.

Kickstarts-suck
02-11-2013, 08:37 PM
This^^^

Ive sold quite a few things on craigslist with no problems.

I always have my gun on me and it comes with me when I meet alone.

HondaRacing83
02-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Im 16 and have reay lucked out. Ive been doin craigslist deals since i was 13. Shady ****s been present. If i go anywhere i always have my dad with me for craigslist deals. i never meet anybody anywhere if im selling something they come to my house. usually my dads pissing around in the garage when im sellin stuff anyways. sellin quad parts i dont worry about thats usually a good community of people. its the phones and ipods that gets me worried. i mean hey im a redneck if you wanna **** with me you can look down the barrel of my 12 guage and say your final words haha but i never do deals home alone and try not too do deals at dark. im also 6'2" and fairly built so people wouldnt wanna piss with me anyways. the stupidity of some people is just crazy though. "would you take $20 for the iphone 4s i broke mine amd need one asap" "can i borrow it for a week" like uhm no cash in hand thats the only way your getting it. tonight this dumb crack whore came and got this iphone 3gs, i let it go for $100. i could tell she was a character by the fact that she pulled up in an old rusted pos with two infants in the back while her and her boyfriend are smoking with the windows up. she payed me so in like whatever its money and then like 2hrs later she starts callin me and is like idk how to get into my apple id and outta yours. took me 2secs to bring it up on google how to log out of an apple id but i sat there and walked her through it because im nice then she kept callin me sayin thanks and asked if i had a girlfriend im like how about you just delete this number and never call again lol

muddy400EX
02-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
Im 16 and have reay lucked out. Ive been doin craigslist deals since i was 13. Shady ****s been present. If i go anywhere i always have my dad with me for craigslist deals. i never meet anybody anywhere if im selling something they come to my house. usually my dads pissing around in the garage when im sellin stuff anyways. sellin quad parts i dont worry about thats usually a good community of people. its the phones and ipods that gets me worried. i mean hey im a redneck if you wanna **** with me you can look down the barrel of my 12 guage and say your final words haha but i never do deals home alone and try not too do deals at dark. im also 6'2" and fairly built so people wouldnt wanna piss with me anyways. the stupidity of some people is just crazy though. "would you take $20 for the iphone 4s i broke mine amd need one asap" "can i borrow it for a week" like uhm no cash in hand thats the only way your getting it. tonight this dumb crack whore came and got this iphone 3gs, i let it go for $100. i could tell she was a character by the fact that she pulled up in an old rusted pos with two infants in the back while her and her boyfriend are smoking with the windows up. she payed me so in like whatever its money and then like 2hrs later she starts callin me and is like idk how to get into my apple id and outta yours. took me 2secs to bring it up on google how to log out of an apple id but i sat there and walked her through it because im nice then she kept callin me sayin thanks and asked if i had a girlfriend im like how about you just delete this number and never call again lol

hmm, iono. you shoulda went for her. sounds like a winner:blah:

Ruby Soho
02-11-2013, 09:10 PM
if you contact me from craigslist and your email/voicemail/text seem normal, i deal with you respectfully. if you come off as an idiot, or a 12yr old kid you get a simple "no" back, or no response at all. i really can't be bothered.

i also meet them at the commuter lot in town. usually have a friend with me.

rf928
02-11-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm 15, I manage selling everything on the farm. Sold 3 bikes, a generator, Paddle tires, a quad, and some farm equipment like a combine and stuff. Never had something not sell, I think its just how you put the ad together and the pictures you put up. So many things I know I could sell for them but they never put the stupid thing together right!!!!

Had like 6 paypal scammers after my KTM, was offered a full body tattoo kit for a Raptor 250. If its something small, then we meet them somewhere crowded. Else, they come to the house with all of our sheds shut, doors locked and everything. But if they get that far then they usually take it!