PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call!!

JabberJaw
02-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Calling all original Exrider members...those of you that can still read. Where you guys at? What you up to?

JabberJaw
02-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Man! I must be old! Everyone that ever knew me is gone... sniff.
And I thought It was the Honda big Red three-wheeler.

Kickstarts-suck
02-12-2013, 12:56 PM
There are still a few old timers lurking around.

Just gotta give them a while. They are still on dial up. :p

LeGaCyGiAnT124
02-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Got me by 3 years. Exriders is by far the longest web forum I have been part of.

Scro
02-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Seems like traffic has slowed way down the past year or so. There's alot of sections that haven't been posted in since 2010. I'm really surprised at how little traffic there is for the side-by-side sections. It seems like side-by-side's have gotten more attention here lately.

I hate to say it, but I think exriders is dying a long slow death (atleast the forum side of things). Really hope I'm wrong though, and it picks back up sometime in the future. The homepage is still the #1 source for ATV news, by far.

300ex_#387
02-12-2013, 04:07 PM
I defenalty lurk a lot more than I post. Main reason is i dont recognize many names anymore and some people get a little touchy when you try and add humor or sarcasm over the internet.

440racer66
02-12-2013, 04:55 PM
ive been here since 05 and i remember how it used to be it sucks it has slowed down. i guess the economy would have alot to do with it

Ruby Soho
02-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
I defenalty lurk a lot more than I post. Main reason is i dont recognize many names anymore and some people get a little touchy when you try and add humor or sarcasm over the internet.

agreed. lol

i think its slow because the country is slow these days. toys were sold, hobbies went with those toys. im sure one time or another things will pick back up on here.

i do miss the days coming on open forum and having 2+ pages of new threads to read through. seems i can come back a day or 2 a week and only have 2 new threads.

madskrillz2
02-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387

No kidding. I think that's why Shawn quit posting lmao. Actually I take that back. I'm pretty sure he enjoyed getting under peoples skin.

300ex_#387
02-13-2013, 03:20 PM
This site is a very good site for information though and always will be with a search tool.

Its amazing the things I have learned over the years from all the knowledge shared on this site.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho

i do miss the days coming on open forum and having 2+ pages of new threads to read through. seems i can come back a day or 2 a week and only have 2 new threads.

I remember those days! Been here since '05 but have gone through 3 screen names. I think the site is dying slowly as Scro said. Most people are switching to bikes these days, myself included.

Scro
02-13-2013, 04:54 PM
I picked up a 2006 KTM 300xc. Never thought I would have this much fun on two wheels.

beastlywarrior
02-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Took in a klx125 and I'm hooked except in slick conditions lol

KingpinsEx
02-13-2013, 06:35 PM
I remember when it was ex riders. I think it was better back then because it was more specialized, now that it covers all ATV/UTVs the information is more spread out and there is not as much of it. You are not going to get as good results posting in the motors section on this site that covers all machines than you would on another site. Most people have likely gone to sites that focus on their specific machine. Also people seem friendlier on some other forums, seems like people are always looking to start stuff on here for some reason and that has likely drawn a lot of people away. Its a shame though, I have used this site for as long as I can remember...

D-7#61-450r
02-13-2013, 08:27 PM
I just do a lot of browsing not much posting anymore. I know of a few that do the same. No $ to ride or race just have a bunch of dust collectors sitting in the trailer or should I say shed if it doesn't move. Remember when $4.00 a gallon race gas was crazy. Wish those times were back.

trx310R#24
02-14-2013, 01:49 AM
iv been here for years under more user names then i can remember.... lol its crazy how long this site has been up...l iv been around since 2003 or so though...

CHAR250R
02-14-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm here. Still riding....when I have time.

LTandRaptorider
02-14-2013, 06:37 PM
I lurk here once in awhile... But yes, very different site from what it used to be. Congrats on the trade, Jabber!:p

zyoung04
02-15-2013, 03:42 PM
I quit my subscription with dirt wheels a few back for the simple fact that it seemed like over half of the book was about SXS and UTV. In athe way i feel like the SXS took away from the quads, maybe imthat wrong

About the only thing I use this site for is the open forum. Where I ride Yamaha there isn't ever any action in that part of town. So I resort to reading on other forums for info. But I still enjoy the site.

ZRider400
02-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Site is def slowing down...i still check it 3-4 nights a week.

I can remember when the forsale section was a alternative to ebay...could part out a whole quad on this site in a week

HondaRacing83
02-15-2013, 05:39 PM
im not gonna lie i think the 400ex section is the liveliest. been here since 08 different name. even since then my oh my how **** has changed

MX MaNiAc 06
02-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Been here since 05' under a different name.

The reason I'm less active is I've found other forums to be more specific to my needs. I use the 450r forum for my 450r and the ktm forum for my ktm and the gmc forum for my truck. I do my social stuff on quad force because those guys are in the Dallas area mostly and I ride with a lot of them. Wow, I feel like a huge nerd after that run down. Lol

HondaRacing83
02-16-2013, 09:38 AM
For a 400ex forum i really think this is the best, ive joined places like forums dedicated directly to a 400ex and theres like maybe one post a month. ******** wont work for me for some reason so piss on them and i was on that youthracer for awhile a guy around here crazy and i actually won a bunch of monster stickers and rockymtn gift cards which were great use buying parts, lol. i forgot all about that place ill have to check it out

sly400ex
02-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
Calling all original Exrider members...those of you that can still read. Where you guys at? What you up to?

I still remember your funny antics

I log onto this a few times a month at most. Wow, this statement is going to make me/ this site seem old.
I remember 11 or so years ago I use to grab a cold beverage and sit on this site for hours almost every night. Times have changed, and lives have gone in FAR directions.

400exrider707
02-19-2013, 10:58 AM
I just logged on today for the first time in probably two years. I honestly don't even remember the last time I logged on. I think it was to find an old friend. Might have made a post or two here or there, but been reading around quite a bit today, just catching up. Would love to get another quad again.

DEAL
02-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
I still remember your funny antics

I log onto this a few times a month at most. Wow, this statement is going to make me/ this site seem old.
I remember 11 or so years ago I use to grab a cold beverage and sit on this site for hours almost every night. Times have changed, and lives have gone in FAR directions.

Me too, hard to find hours free now to do anything now. haha

TRX250X
03-25-2013, 01:48 PM
I registered here many moons ago like others, and still type exriders into the address bar. I was on here a lot in college, but mostly lurked. Just happened to log in today and found this thread.

SGA
03-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Still here. I lurk around sometimes to see whats going on.

honda250xrider
03-26-2013, 06:03 AM
I still to this day put in exriders into the search bar.

honda400ex2003
03-27-2013, 12:25 PM
im still around, havent been on as long as some of you guys but still a while none the less.

i used to be on here every night waiting for new posts. :/ alot has changed in the past year, as i had expected, after college.

i recently moved to a new place with dish network for internet. it blows... data limits and it is super slow- this is my main reason for not being online as much as i used to.

got a girfrienda few weeks ago, that cuts into my internet time too. dont go on facebook or online anymore because im spending time with her.

i havent really rode alot in the past year so its hard to keep going on the site and read stuff when im not riding all the time. ill be getting the 400 out again next week when i get back to get it fixed. there are some issues with it so i have to take a look at it.

working has played a major part too, i dont want to be on the computer al night after being on it designing stuff all day.

steve

dxcody
03-28-2013, 09:52 AM
I missed all the good times.. I have been lurking the site since the end of 2009... didn't ever have a quad to post about until the end of 2010/early 2011..

Of course I would have been 7 years old in 2001 lol

svwildcats
03-29-2013, 07:39 AM
I've been away from the site for a few years and was surprised when I came back recently at how dead it's been.

trick450r
04-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by svwildcats
I've been away from the site for a few years and was surprised when I came back recently at how dead it's been.

x2, I poke my head in once in a while and it seems to be going down hill recently.

And yes, just 2 minutes ago I typed in "exriders.com" to navigate my ***** here hah.

IMSROLL450R
11-13-2014, 07:42 PM
uhhhhhhh Where all the white women at!?!?!?!?

rooster300ex
11-15-2014, 02:31 AM
I still come on here to check the new posts almost everyday :D

tants
11-30-2014, 06:52 AM
Love live Matrix250R 😁

Ralph
11-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Lot's has changed since I used to post on here! Still remember most of the guys in this thread.

fastredrider44
12-01-2014, 08:32 AM
I guess I started lurking here in 05. Things have changed since then for sure.

wilkin250r
12-05-2014, 12:19 AM
I pop on here every so often, check things out in the 250r section and do a little clean-up.

I wish I knew the magic formula to the life and death of online forums. It's not like ATV riding is dead, it's still as lively as ever. Maybe even more so, with the side-by-sides, but they're obviously not coming here to chat. I thought about breaking the rules and posting up pictures of scantily-clad women, just to bring a little life to the place.

honda400ex2003
12-10-2014, 09:14 AM
im still around, havent been on as long as some of you guys but still a while none the less.

i used to be on here every night waiting for new posts. :/ alot has changed in the past year, as i had expected, after college.

i recently moved to a new place with dish network for internet. it blows... data limits and it is super slow- this is my main reason for not being online as much as i used to.

got a girfrienda few weeks ago, that cuts into my internet time too. dont go on facebook or online anymore because im spending time with her.

i havent really rode alot in the past year so its hard to keep going on the site and read stuff when im not riding all the time. ill be getting the 400 out again next week when i get back to get it fixed. there are some issues with it so i have to take a look at it.

working has played a major part too, i dont want to be on the computer al night after being on it designing stuff all day.

steve

still here, new job and moved to an area that i have to trailer to ride. got into atv'ing more this summer with my new gf (7 months now), which was great. bought a ds but wont be doing anything with it for aftermarket stuff, it has enough on it from swapping. got the 400 all done, only mod of the summer was a spal fan so i could go slow enough to ride with the ds behind me on the ds. we put a few hundred miles on them this summer, great times to remember. have a couple 250r's that just chill in the garage too but dont mess with them often.

sledding has became the new go to sport, as heavy as i was into atvs, i am now into sleds. bought a new skidoo xrs and will be riding that as much as i can. i still have exriders as a favorite on the computer but just dont venture over here too much. im on dootalk instead LOL

steve

CJM
12-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Good to see you around steve!

honda400ex2003
12-10-2014, 11:09 AM
i come on here every now and again still, just browsing for a couple minutes now though, if facebook and dootalk are both slow lol

good to see you are still around as well, you have made it on here for quite a long time as well. i gave up on posting help, the same question after question was getting old. i forgot a bunch of it too mainly. college kicked my butt there and i started letting the atv info slip off when i started working full time.

steve

400exredrider
12-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Man I miss EXriders. Wish I still had some decals around. 2001 was a long time ago, Wonder what ol' Leo is up to these days, or Juggalo, or Rico. Good times, hope everyone is doing well. Should bring back EXriders. Format and all.

sly400ex
01-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Man I miss EXriders. Wish I still had some decals around. 2001 was a long time ago, Wonder what ol' Leo is up to these days, or Juggalo, or Rico. Good times, hope everyone is doing well. Should bring back EXriders. Format and all.

That would be cool!

wilkin250r, I always respected the hell out of all the cool toys you use to build.

ThumPIN_450R
02-04-2015, 05:45 AM
Just saw this. I was here when it was exriders. Never posted much. looks like everybody else has followed my lead.

Sportrax10
02-14-2015, 09:27 AM
EXriders.com was my life! Funny seeing a thread referencing the old days, since I probably haven't looked on the open forum in years. Still have some EXriders.com stickers I have never deemed anything worthy enough to put them on. Unfortunately my 450r has been collecting a lot of dust these recent years. :(
Guess ill have to get out there and ride so I can post some new pics!

HondaRacing83
02-15-2015, 09:08 PM
First time logging in, in a longgggg time. Upset to see like 5 threads in the open forum in the past month where i remember when you couldn't even keep up with all the new posts in the open forum in one day. Sad to finally say I think this place is pretty dead.

CJM
02-15-2015, 10:41 PM
First time logging in, in a longgggg time. Upset to see like 5 threads in the open forum in the past month where i remember when you couldn't even keep up with all the new posts in the open forum in one day. Sad to finally say I think this place is pretty dead.
Apparently facebook is the future.. To me is a giant jumbled mess with little kids asking the same questions over and over. The 450rorg is still somewhat busy..

HondaRacing83
02-15-2015, 11:05 PM
I never really got on the org just here, i barely even ride anymore i just work and put money into my jeep. Getting a better paying job hopefully tuesday then gonna try and get rid of the heep and buy a truck then maybe get back imto riding

CJM
02-16-2015, 08:01 PM
I never really got on the org just here, i barely even ride anymore i just work and put money into my jeep. Getting a better paying job hopefully tuesday then gonna try and get rid of the heep and buy a truck then maybe get back imto riding

Makes two of us, I just work and work and work and work

blacknblue#2
02-18-2015, 07:05 AM
Makes two of us, I just work and work and work and work

There were a couple years where I only rode once or twice a year. I now make it a point to ride. I make it a point to ride once a month during warm weather. I came close to giving it up and slapped myself in the face lol

CJM
02-18-2015, 08:28 PM
There were a couple years where I only rode once or twice a year. I now make it a point to ride. I make it a point to ride once a month during warm weather. I came close to giving it up and slapped myself in the face lol

I used to ride A LOT, like every weekend. Just dont have the time and its the same old stupid spot Ive been going to for eons, no spots in NJ really and no time to travel.

HondaRacing83
02-24-2015, 10:22 PM
I used to ride like every other day honestly haha, but now im 17 still in school working over 40 hours a week between 2 jobs because i have a jeep obsession makes it hard to have time to ride ��

Stickman400
02-27-2015, 05:24 PM
I used to ride like every other day honestly haha, but now im 17 still in school working over 40 hours a week between 2 jobs because i have a jeep obsession makes it hard to have time to ride ��

Damn, I'll give you props for putting in 40 hours a week while still in school. I didn't get a solid 40+ hour a week job until 3 years after I graduated. I was helping my dad part time around the farm until then. Riding all the time and only having to help him occasionally was the life. Kinda wish I had gotten a job earlier though so I could have had all my toys bought and paid for by now though. Life kinda sucks after you graduate and try to figure out what you want to do with your life and start figuring everything out, but once you get a solid plan for the future and figure out what you want to do for the rest of your life it is really fun and gives you good peace of mind. Keep earning that money and buying and paying for the toys you want with your spare cash and then figure out if you want to go to college or just work a normal 9-5 job and fun with your life. Seems like time goes so slow when you're in school, but after you graduate and start working 5-7 days a week all year time starts to fly. Lol, figured I'd just post that to help ya, if I had someone tell me this back when I was in high school and realized it was the truth it would have helped me a ton.