View Full Version : AXLES - RPM Dominator VS, Durablue Eliminator VS Durablue X33, VS Lonestar Axecaliber

Burns310r
02-11-2013, 05:18 AM
So i want to talk about everyone's experiences with axles whats the best, whats the worst.

RPM Dominator VS, Durablue Eliminator VS Durablue X33, VS Lonestar Axecaliber.

I have a RPM dominator in my Can Am and love it.

I have some old Lonestar axles, not sure what they are in my MX bike currently.

I got a free coupon for a Durablue Eliminator axle for my 2nd place finish in the D22 MX series. Im trying to decide if I should sell the brand new in box Eliminator and try to buy something else with the money.

troybilt
02-11-2013, 07:23 AM
I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Most will say the Dominator II is the best, but I've had LSR and RPM and never broke either one. Get the one with the best warranty.

Burns310r
02-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Like i said, i wont a free Durablue Eliminator. What you think i could sell it brand new in box for?

Id like to have another RPM dominator to match my Can Am.

troybilt
02-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Burns310r
Like i said, i wont a free Durablue Eliminator. What you think i could sell it brand new in box for?

Id like to have another RPM dominator to match my Can Am.

Ah, I didn't read that last sentence...

Burns310r
02-11-2013, 08:18 AM
What you think i can get out of a BNIB Durablue Eliminator axle shipped to someones door.

I think i want to buy another dominator 2.

troybilt
02-11-2013, 08:23 AM
I just looked and they are like $500 new from durablue. They sell for about 350 on ebay, BNIB. I'd say 350 would be a good start

http://www.durablue.com/prod_display/axles/5/0.php.htm

C-LEIGH RACING
02-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Durabreak, yeah I remember them.
Last race of the season, broke on the last lap, turned a 4 wheeler into a three wheeler & dropped us back two spots for the year end points.
Yeah I remember Durabreak real well, because they wouldnt replace that broke axle.
Dont you just love the life time replacement.
Neil

slainwarrior
02-11-2013, 10:53 AM
I would pass on the durablue that was the first axle I ever purchased and it was very weak it bent on my first ride over some pretty small jumps from landing slightly crooked. I had it straightened and on the first ride since being fixed it bent again. The axle must be really soft because even my splines twisted for the hubs and sprocket hub. I would personally run the RPM of all the ones listed. Im currently running a team fire stick axle and ive had it for years and its been great but I don't think they're available anymore. I also have a 2 friends with lonestar axles and they havnt had any issues besides the chrome not lasting to long. Ive also heard the rockymountainatv tusk axles are pretty decent for the price and I believe they offer a lifetime warrently.

ATVRacing2
02-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Yea Durablue are junk, Ive seen way too many break because they are hollow and weak, RPM Dominator axles and LSR Axles I would stick with, But RPM's are the strongest out of them all. I run all RPM axles, carriers, and Antifade Locknuts now. Its just an opinion, but RPM does have a strength page on their website. I havent had broken or bent an RPM yet. Id figure I would give you my opinion on the matter. Good luck with your choosing.

Burns310r
02-11-2013, 11:28 AM
I'd choose a dominator. I already have one. Burn the durablue is brand new and free. Guess I will try to sell it.

C-LEIGH RACING
02-11-2013, 11:28 AM
I would go ahead & order it, get it in hand, because there may be someone had one with good service & looking another one & there you are with one at a good price.
Neil

red88r
02-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by ATVRacing2
Yea Durablue are junk, Ive seen way too many break because they are hollow and weak, RPM Dominator axles and LSR Axles I would stick with, But RPM's are the strongest out of them all. I run all RPM axles, carriers, and Antifade Locknuts now. Its just an opinion, but RPM does have a strength page on their website. I havent had broken or bent an RPM yet. Id figure I would give you my opinion on the matter. Good luck with your choosing.

All of this with my personal experience is 100 percent true. I remember us breaking Durablue's and always having to get our Lonestar's straightened at the local machine shop before the next weekends race. Once we all switched to RPM Dominator 2's all of all problems went away. Lonestar would fix them for us but you would never get them back in time to race.

timmersam
02-11-2013, 06:28 PM
I have owned three Lonestars, not by choice after the first one. All three rusted and looked terrible, and the first one I had straightened 3 times, and then I gave it to a buddy after it bent again. The only reason I gave it to my buddy was because he busted his Durablue lol, so from experience, id say Dominator all the way.

Sam

Meat
02-11-2013, 06:58 PM
My Dom II is indestructible. Had mine for about 5 years now and no problems to report. I ride XC not MX.

05LSR250R
02-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Dominator II is my choice! I've bent 3 LoneStars and broke one way out at the hub which damn near killed me before i switched to the Dominator. I haven't ran a Durablue in forever but when i did I've never broken a one but they always seemed to bend easy. Very satisfied with my Dominator II and will never own anything else.

C-LEIGH RACING
02-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
Dominator II is my choice! I've bent 3 LoneStars and broke one way out at the hub which damn near killed me before i switched to the Dominator. I haven't ran a Durablue in forever but when i did I've never broken a one but they always seemed to bend easy. Very satisfied with my Dominator II and will never own anything else.

Thats what happened with the Durablue on my daughters quad.
Left rear broke off at the tip, she held on to it & didnt crash, but that 10X10 tire & all bounced right up on Jamie Jones handle bar & then hit her in the chest, man scared us to death thinking it had hurt her, forgot all about my daughter.
Both were ok though, but that could have been really bad.
Neil

hawaiiysr
02-12-2013, 05:31 PM
I got 2 LS's. No problems besides chrome flaking rusting.

mxquad53
02-12-2013, 07:33 PM
I ran lonestar axle on my 250r and it bent on a small double, replaced it with a rpm, parted out the 250r and keep the rpm axle and put it in my 450r,and it lasted for 10 years between the two bikes. I just replaced it bucause the sprocket hub striped. cant go wrong with rpm

Burns310r
02-13-2013, 05:42 AM
Okay so what about a dominator vs a dominator 2?

I have a guy wanting to trade me his dominator with no hub or hard ware +$100 for my Eliminator.

Im tempted, but unsure. I get 20% off on RPM products, so i can buy a new hub and spacers.

Also what is the difference between the race hub and standard hub?

Fear250r
02-13-2013, 06:43 AM
I've had zero problems with my Dom 2. Bought it used, was bent, sent it to RPM and got it straight and ready to go.

Customer service is top notch too.