PDA

View Full Version : 60 bucks for brand new light switches

DnB_racing
02-10-2013, 07:22 PM
im not sure were these came from but they are the complete switch and harness and plugs for $60 on ebay they sure look like NOS I just bought one I couldn't rebuild one this cheap

I will post the link when he adds new ones as I just bought the one listed,, but keep an eye out im sure there is a limited number

it came from wincycles

DnB_racing
02-11-2013, 05:32 AM
he listed another one!!! im not sure how

these might be a knock off but as long as it works and the connectors are the same it works for me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-H-Switch-Honda-TRX250R-TRX-250R-Start-Stop-Choke-1985-1986-1987-1988-1989-NEW-/190797086060?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6c647d6c&vxp=mtr

bigE28
02-11-2013, 06:10 AM
wow!! those look sweet!! let us know if the work. thanks!!

dquarton
02-13-2013, 10:30 PM
I messaged him and he says they are new 'unboxed' OEM switches. A little scary as he sells tons of chinese OEM knock off carbs, but with the chinese stuff he clearly states that it is a reproduction. On these switches he says it is a Honda part and gives a Honda part number. I think this is the real deal, get em while their hot!

Honda5
02-14-2013, 12:28 AM
I would bet they are not OEM but that is still a good price for a new switch if you need one. What year does the part # match?
D
Please post up info after you get one

DnB_racing
02-14-2013, 03:48 PM
just got my switch in,,,

its definitely genuine Honda... BUT!!! not NOS

its exactly like my atc to trx retrofit

the atc switches are still available,.. the only difference between atc and trx is one ground wire and connectors and wire color,

I've made several myself, that are the same as the one I just purchased...

it has the atc colored wires but all the trx connectors and will work just as it should..

I couldn't retrofit mine as cheap as the one I just bought... so this was well worth it!!

the only difference between this and NOS is the wire colors are not exactly the same shade, but are the same colors just a lighter shade,,, for a exact replacement for a museum piece you might not want one, but the case and connectors are identical between the 2 designs, and for all but the experts like us no one would ever even be able to tell the difference

BUT WE KNOW BETTER THEN MOST
I say its worth it

here are the ones I made a while ago that are identical to this but cheaper then I was able to build
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=484419&highlight=light+switch

twoares
02-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Just got mine today and the kill switch was installed upside down so I took it apart. It looks like the housing is stock but the switches are not oem but cheap knock offs. I compared it to my stockers and no way it's oem but it should work...

dquarton
02-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Well that pisses me off. The guy has told me 2 times now that these are "new OEM unboxed switches". I told him I do not want it if it is not Honda OEM. He also said he has a limited supply.

JackBrown1988
02-15-2013, 12:57 PM
http://www.trx250r.net/forum/lounge/20121-new-oem-control-switch.html

DnB_racing
02-15-2013, 02:28 PM
I just took mine apart :mad: upon a little investigation I found a wire with a bare spot making contact with the metal retaining bracket inside

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANYONE GETTING ONE TO OPEN IT UP AND CHECK

but that being said once I assembled and verified everything im very confident I will have no issues with this switch,,,

dquarton
02-15-2013, 02:56 PM
This is the response I received from wincycles:

Hi the switches are made by the same oem factory there may be a slight difference because of different years and models but if you don't like the item no problem send them back for a refund, i will hold this one till i hear from you , please advice, Thank you.

dquarton
02-15-2013, 02:57 PM
I guess either way it is nice to be able to get a decent new switch!

DnB_racing
02-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by dquarton
I guess either way it is nice to be able to get a decent new switch! I just compared my brand new oem, one of my new atc to trx retrofit, and this new supposedly " Honda factory" one that I completely disassembled and inspected,, and to be honest if it wasn't for slight color shade differences and it seams rushed to be assemble at the factory there really isn't any difference, almost like factory seconds

once I put them in boxes probably wont even know which is which

defiantly worth the money