PDA

View Full Version : Enrolled in a good college today

Jay300ex
03-14-2003, 02:38 PM
Well, nobody probably cares, but I said a while back I was going to school up our sport. I am down in Palm Bay FL from NY, and earlier I enrolled in AMI ( American Mechanics Institute ) in Daytona Beach starting next summer. I am taking Honda, Yama, . . the japanese manufacturers. But I have another option for the last five weeks of the coarse, I chose to learn Ducati motorcycles because their design is very interesting, but I can also change it whenever, and if I do it will be to Watercraft. Honda just started making these so I dont know, maybe a profession in learning that??

Anyway, I will be taking a high performance class thats like, 3 days long, all it tells how to do is turn bikes according to the dyno charts and microchip settings. Seen so many quads there though, its not even funny I wish I had mine... They also had a prototype BMW motorcycle, costs to much though .

Well just though I would share I am excited to goto school for this stuff and I plan on sponsoring exriders.com eventually!

Jay

Glow Plug
03-14-2003, 02:42 PM
awsome :D hope you have fun

03-14-2003, 02:44 PM
cool my freind went to mmi which is a lil bit better and he said it was alright i know of another guy who went to ami neither one had trouble gettin a job

AtvMxRider
03-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Sounds cool I hope you have fun.

toby400ex
03-14-2003, 03:01 PM
congrats, i think i will go to a close community college so that i can still race and whatever and save money to buy a house when i get out. The college im talking about is free of course

Jay300ex
03-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
cool my freind went to mmi which is a lil bit better and he said it was alright i know of another guy who went to ami neither one had trouble gettin a job

Yea MMI was an option, but for the time and price AMI is a little better for me. The only difference is that the manufacturers support MMI a lot more then AMI. AMI only gets 10 new bikes a ear from each maker. MMI probably gets more, and more instruction.

Jay

CHAUNCY
03-14-2003, 05:51 PM
Sounds cool. I want to go to college to design parts for quads and start my own business. My dad would probably help me because he has a family business and does stuff like that. I just want to do something with quads and motorcycles or cars and trucks.