PDA

View Full Version : Big Bore , No Power

bansheeboyo
02-10-2013, 01:59 PM
SO after a long time i finaly got my butt in gear and built my ct 410 motor , got it all bolted in fulled the tank with 114 mon vp race gas .
Tryed kicking it over ,hard job !!!
got it going almost ,but by then my leg had gave up so got a bump start
got the bike going ,let it run 5 mins on idle to warm up then when to go it not reving it hard or anything as its a brand new motor so need to run it in but there was no powerband kick what so ever ,my little lt 80 felt faster ,

im running a pwk 38mm airstryker carb with ddj, 185,55 jetting with a trx9 centermount pipe v force 3 reeds

any help would be highly appreciated
cheers scott

Honda 250r 001
02-10-2013, 08:43 PM
It isint a power valve cylinder is it? Is the PV opening?

bansheeboyo
02-10-2013, 11:43 PM
No ints non pv
It's like it dosnt want to rev
It takes a a while and a lot of spluttering and hesitation to get it to rev out

89rwfo
02-11-2013, 06:32 AM
Fuel or timing check the main and keyway

C-LEIGH RACING
02-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by 89rwfo
Fuel or timing check the main and keyway

I'll 2X this.
Lot of times after a fresh build, the engine will have gas & oils puddled in the bottom end, then when you try to throttle it up the crank whoops up that puddled gas mix & the engines running like it is flooded.

A 185 main sounds kinda small for a 410 top end, but is dependant on the amount of compression the engine is building.
One thing different from us here in the states, things could be different over there like the air could be thicker or thinner, so jetting would be quite a bit different.

Air filter maybe to soaked with filter oil ?? & restricting air flow.
Just because a pipe is brand new, dont mean that nothing somehow got in the pipe & blocking the outlet.
Those little foam packing peanuts ?? can never tell.
Whos to say the carb from sitting, the float is kinda sticking & the carb bowl over filling & causing the engine to spudder.

One thing about it though, by it spuddering & not reving out, that is giving you a bit more break in time on that fresh engine, rather than it being able to rev out & you end up locking it up from running it to hard to soon.
Neil

bansheeboyo
02-11-2013, 12:40 PM
what would you say a main should be for a 410 roughly neil?

bansheeboyo
02-11-2013, 02:57 PM
also spark plug is a br8eix 5044 . plug gap 0.8mm that sound about right ?

C-LEIGH RACING
02-12-2013, 08:40 AM
The thing is, I dont know how it should be where your located, but here in the states, I would start out with at least a 200~230 main & 48 pilot, DGH needle, clip in the middle, then fine tune AFTER the SERIOUS break in time has been done.

That is one thing lot of people over look & dont do it long enough, break in.
If the whole engine when being built, is set up real loose, then maybe it wont take as much break in time, but that engine wont last as long either.
You set one up tight during building & do a long serious break in time, feeding it plenty of fuel mix to keep that piston cool, & that engine will stick with you for a good while, but, keep in mind, all you got to do is run it lean, OR, use this worthless ethanol pump gas being cramed down out throats, & it will kill that 2 stroke engine quicker than a cat can lick its tail.

That spark plug, there again it may make a difference where your at, maybe not.
I use & have been using for years, ol cheap B8ES or B9ES NGKs on any 250R engine I touch, be it stock ignition system or the CR250R ignition.
If everythings adjusted right, engine tuned, a high dollar spark plug wont make any difference.
One thing you do need to do though, if you have the OEM stock TRX ignition, set the plug gap around 0.018 to 0.020 & if the plug boot even looks like it has any age on it, get a brand new one.
Neil

bansheeboyo
02-12-2013, 01:24 PM
whats the reccomended run in time ?

bansheeboyo
02-12-2013, 01:45 PM
also it has really bad kick back what can be done to solve or at least lessen it ?

C-LEIGH RACING
02-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by bansheeboyo
whats the reccomended run in time ?

At least 2 or 3 full tanks of pre-mix run through the engine before ANY wide open throttle.
Neil

C-LEIGH RACING
02-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by bansheeboyo
also it has really bad kick back what can be done to solve or at least lessen it ?

Cant help you much on the kick back, other than full boots & each & every time you start to kick, have the piston at TDC before & then kick that kick starter as if your trying to break it off & NEVER take you foot off that lever.

Playing with it kicking, can end you up with a broke foot, I know first hand.
Neil

bansheeboyo
02-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Thank you very much everyone one for taking the time to help me out , i will try put your advise to practice at the weekend

bansheeboyo
02-13-2013, 04:23 PM
well i put in a 45 pilot and it started first kick :D ,didnt get to take it out the garage tho to see if it had inproved under load as was stormy ,also ordered up a few needles DGH DGJ CEJ