PDA

View Full Version : KN power kit

CG's
03-14-2003, 01:31 PM
I saw someone said k&n power kits come with many different jets. Would that include maybe want I would need if I carved out my snorkel on my 250Ex. I tryed it on a recon and the motor wouldn't even rev beyond idle! Please help or just give an opinion. Also does anyone know how to change jets in a 250ex. I prefer fuel injection so I don't have a clue how to change the jets in a 250EX. Does the power kit come with full instructions? Thanks.

MOUSE
03-14-2003, 05:32 PM
i think you would be better off just to buy the filter and whatever jet you might need, the kit will come with a bunch of jets you dont need. and jets arent that expensive considering you only need a pilot and a main.if the carb on the 250ex is the same as style as the 400 ex carb the jets are fairly simple you can do it on the bike but for your first time i would suggest taking it off so you can get a good look at what it looks like. there is a good thread in the faq i think that has a good description about rejetting a carb.

Steve-o 400EX
03-15-2003, 03:48 AM
Yea a power kit is a big waste of money. Just buy individuals and you should be okay. Look in the FAQ section of forums and youl find one by deathbringer on jetting. It shows how to do it step by step on a 400ex. Look at it and ull get a general idea of what you need to do.;)