PDA

View Full Version : New Honda SXS

fastex91
02-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Dont get too excited if you are looking for a sport SXS from Honda. There are releasing a new one but its a 4 seat conversion utility. Its called the Pioneer. It won't be out until July or August. What a major disappointment.:rolleyes:

blacknblue#2
02-08-2013, 10:24 AM
According to their site it has style, performance and innovation......well i dont see any of that in that big ugly slow *******. I think the only thing keeping honda in business anymore is the die hards like me....It sure aint their wow factor.

rollie
02-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
According to their site it has style, performance and innovation......well i dont see any of that in that big ugly slow *******. I think the only thing keeping honda in business anymore is the die hards like me....It sure aint their wow factor.

there is no money in "wow factor" for honda, farmers, hunters, people who actually use and need 4 wheelers to haul things or travel and get things done, as well as making the bare minimum as far as a sport quad goes is where the money is at, the economy sucks, and until the banks start loaning money out that people can't afford to pay back, the fun machines will be on hold

blacknblue#2
02-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by rollie
there is no money in "wow factor" for honda, farmers, hunters, people who actually use and need 4 wheelers to haul things or travel and get things done, as well as making the bare minimum as far as a sport quad goes is where the money is at, the economy sucks, and until the banks start loaning money out that people can't afford to pay back, the fun machines will be on hold

In the sport quad market ill agree with you 200% but in the side by side market Honda needs that wow factor, The buyers are there and the banks are there to loan the money. I live in the sticks. We are overpopulated with mullets, house trailers and scrap year worthy daily drivers but you know what else we are overpopulated with, Polaris RZRs. My area is full of them. I know 3 high school kids in the past 3 months that have went and got loans on 15,000 dollar RZRs. I know 80% of the riders in this area and of the 80% i know, 100% of them have said "If honda ever build something to compete witht he RZR, Ill own one" I sold my rzr almost 2 years ago and i have said the same. Until Honda builds something like it i wont own another side by. So the market for a sport Side by from honda is there. They just aint putting out. ......now quads on the other hand, ehh i like my "hacked together" garage build best anyways hahahaha

rollie
02-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
In the sport quad market ill agree with you 200% but in the side by side market Honda needs that wow factor, The buyers are there and the banks are there to loan the money. I live in the sticks. We are overpopulated with mullets, house trailers and scrap year worthy daily drivers but you know what else we are overpopulated with, Polaris RZRs. My area is full of them. I know 3 high school kids in the past 3 months that have went and got loans on 15,000 dollar RZRs. I know 80% of the riders in this area and of the 80% i know, 100% of them have said "If honda ever build something to compete witht he RZR, Ill own one" I sold my rzr almost 2 years ago and i have said the same. Until Honda builds something like it i wont own another side by. So the market for a sport Side by from honda is there. They just aint putting out. ......now quads on the other hand, ehh i like my "hacked together" garage build best anyways hahahaha

good call, the "RZR Craze" isn't nearly as big around here as it is in other parts of the country, didn't take that into account lol

i dont really get it though, why not get a jeep for 15 grand? lol

muddy400EX
02-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by rollie
good call, the "RZR Craze" isn't nearly as big around here as it is in other parts of the country, didn't take that into account lol

i dont really get it though, why not get a jeep for 15 grand? lol

I don't get the sxs craze at all, pay 15 grand for a mini pickup truck that you can't drive on roads. I think it's something that sounds awesome until you get one, and then it kinda looses the wow factor

i work at a dealership and see sxs make rotations, one will sell, then a couple months later it's back again. i think they would get really boring

but it is pretty much a hillbilly's dream machine
:ermm:

Ruby Soho
02-08-2013, 06:32 PM
if i had a ton of money itd be fun to own one. you guys are right though.. it would get old quick. hell i get bored of dirtbikes in a few weeks these days... the 110 has more dust on it than the tractor does:p

Rich250RRacer
02-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
I don't get the sxs craze at all, pay 15 grand for a mini pickup truck that you can't drive on roads. I think it's something that sounds awesome until you get one, and then it kinda looses the wow factor

i work at a dealership and see sxs make rotations, one will sell, then a couple months later it's back again. i think they would get really boring

but it is pretty much a hillbilly's dream machine
:ermm:

I thought the same thing....until I drove one!

muddy400EX
02-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
I thought the same thing....until I drove one!

ive drove one too. there quick, and great craftsmanship, especially the commander. but i'd still rather be on my quad or bike

wfo4rv
02-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
ive drove one too. there quick, and great craftsmanship, especially the commander. but i'd still rather be on my quad or bike

Try driving an r1 rhino, oh hell boring is not the word

CJM
02-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Id rather have a toyota mini truck. Alot more fun, heat and air conditioning and such.

Now if they were street legal...

HondaRacing83
02-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Man I'm telling you guys check out John Deere. There not just farm use anymore.. That new rsx850 is crazy and i guess it walks all over a rzr800. my dad has another 825i now and the cool thing about it is it has some get up and go and its powerful but its got the big *** bed to still use it for utility.

beastlywarrior
02-08-2013, 09:37 PM
This is where it's at cant beat them for durability power and suspension
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr352/beastlywarrior228/0761DE48-4822-4812-AC65-6DD9B56BBBD9-2095-000003D1565D85C7.jpg
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr352/beastlywarrior228/004A3FB7-F23B-47AE-84A7-58E015E11F53-2095-000003D2AD17F2F7.jpg

rf928
02-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Why would we buy something so slow the cows can out run it! Haha

blacknblue#2
02-09-2013, 03:50 AM
Ive owned 450 bikes, 450 quads, 2 strokes, banshees anything that is far from boring ive owned. and ive owned a RZR...it was not boring at all. Ive been involved with some jeep freaks too. The thing with jeeps to me is the speed. I didnt own my rzr because i wanted to crawl up Mt everest. I owned my rzr because i had seen them run 40-50 MPH thru hatfield mccoy trails and have an absolute blast doing it. Coming around turns sideways like a rally car and soaking up washouts like a quad. i SOLD my rzr due to fact it was still a polaris. Mine was a little over a year old and between wheel bearings and a arm bushing i was gonna be a broke man. Do i miss it, hell yeah i miss it do i want another one, hell yeah i want another one. As long as its built by honda lol. As much as i hate polaris they had their head on straight with this. a side by focused more on sport and entertainment rather than work......In fact more i think about it Honda had their head on straight 25 years ago, with the PILOT. Maybe they are timid over their past of being so far ahead of the game cause truthfully they were ahead of time in the 80s

CJM
02-10-2013, 06:09 PM
If you think its worth it to buy a SxS for work your crazy. I can buy a fullsize truck for 1500 bucks that can do 10x the work and has 10x the usefullness of one of them utility side by sides. Only real advantage of them is size.

As for a giant go kart like the razr sport, yea thats fun but like mentioned still a polaris.

Id probably be in less welding up a frame using a chevy v8 and making my own sandrail out of used parts than buying even a used razr. Plus it would be MUCH faster!

finsteratv
02-16-2013, 08:01 PM
I like my friends 1500$ VW buggy...sand it climbs better and a lot cheaper too. Baja bugs and samurais are somewhat close to the same size and still quite a bit cheaper

Honda5
02-16-2013, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't trade my RZR for a $15,000 truck or jeep ( but I would for a $10,000 Honda if they made one) Most of the places we ride you can't take a truck or jeep. They are far from a oversized go cart. I don't know much about the John Deere but they sound nice, who builds them?

CJM
02-16-2013, 08:42 PM
You do realize a toyota or a jeep is only about a foot wider than a razr right?

And I can buy a excellent one of the above for 2-5k and have a ton of money to upgrade it to have 10x the abilities of the razor.

Sorry, but like I said, giant overpriced go kart.

HondaRacing83
02-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Honda5
I wouldn't trade my RZR for a $15,000 truck or jeep ( but I would for a $10,000 Honda if they made one) Most of the places we ride you can't take a truck or jeep. They are far from a oversized go cart. I don't know much about the John Deere but they sound nice, who builds them? Rsx 850 which beastly has, has some italian motor in it. they are pretty crazy. 825i has a chinese car motor but it holds up better than really any other motor i was surprised.. simple to do maintenance on too. diesels have a yanmar motor. some people just dont get the jist or idea. when you can take a jeep or pickup, and go 50 through the woods on a trail no wider than a sport quad and still handle great like a quad with no issues will be the day it makes sense. maybe for doing work in open fields a truck would be useful like a farm, but when your buried in the woods a SxS sure as hell is the better choice

Honda5
02-17-2013, 05:05 AM
Yea I have had Toyota s and jeeps and would still rather have the RZR. It will get thru tighter spots in the woods we ride in and will make blow them away in the trails. We don't have many places or people that will let you drive 4x4 on there property.
I have a rhino for farm work And a RZR play.
Ill just keep my go karts

beastlywarrior
02-17-2013, 10:33 AM
A utv is way more durable off road too

TacicalRedneck
02-17-2013, 02:19 PM
we have a rzr- i thought it would be awesome to have one for years... finally got one.......

and i cant stand it.................

Seems like you are limited with what you can do in a sxs, and i go a lot more places on my quad than in the sxs...

Doesn't take a whole lot of skill to drive one either- gets boring..

I hate to say this.. but.... What would be awesome would be a 5 speed manual rzr.... clutch pedal and a shifter knob!!!

finsteratv
02-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by TacicalRedneck
we have a rzr- i thought it would be awesome to have one for years... finally got one.......

and i cant stand it.................

Seems like you are limited with what you can do in a sxs, and i go a lot more places on my quad than in the sxs...

Doesn't take a whole lot of skill to drive one either- gets boring..

I hate to say this.. but.... What would be awesome would be a 5 speed manual rzr.... clutch pedal and a shifter knob!!! I could see an R1 rhino with paddle shifter being sweet..haha