PDA

View Full Version : lug nuts for DWT beadlock's

ben300
02-07-2013, 01:20 PM
just got two, brandnew dwt rear, 9x8, G2 single ring bead locks for the 400. I wanted hipers, but i couldnt pass these up. $200 total for the two of them.

for you guys that have ran these or purchased these in the past, did the wheels come wiht their own lug nuts? or can i jsut take the stock ex lug nuts and flip them around to the flat side?

also i need to order front rims as well before the spring races start. if i get 3:2 offset, thats would keep it stock, and if i buy 4:1 offset, that would narrow the front right?

thanks

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/7457/img0985q.jpg

JOHNDOE83
02-07-2013, 01:40 PM
just flip around your stock lug nuts, Ive mx raced like that for a long time with no issues.

Also, at homedepot I bought a whole set of lug nuts that are better suited for aftermarket rims, their nice and shiney to.

Just some options.

CJM
02-07-2013, 03:37 PM
ITP makes some really nice lugs you can get at most online places. I have the chrome ones: http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/-/171/726/3503/5353/ITP-Flat-Base-Chrome-Lug-Nut

TacicalRedneck
02-07-2013, 03:55 PM
no- mine didn't come with lug nuts- the shop that put em on sold me some shiney ones.

them look good-Post a pic up when you get them on your bike

you could get your fronts powdercoated black to look like the DWT rok-outs?

ben300
02-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. What about the front wheel offsets, 3:2 keeps it stock width and 4:1 narrows it?

Originally posted by TacicalRedneck
no- mine didn't come with lug nuts- the shop that put em on sold me some shiney ones.

them look good-Post a pic up when you get them on your bike

you could get your fronts powdercoated black to look like the DWT rok-outs?

That's a good idea, but I race XC (AWRCS, PAXC, and 3-4 GNCC's this year) so ill be getting front beadlocks here shortly. Either hipers or the DWT Rock'n'Locks.

And I'll be sure to post a pick for ya Tacial.

400man
02-07-2013, 05:12 PM
do you have stock a-arms?

Zakradu398
02-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Stock offset is weird up front. It's between 3:2 and 4:1.

ben300
02-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by 400man
do you have stock a-arms?

yes i do

ben300
02-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Zakradu398
Stock offset is weird up front. It's between 3:2 and 4:1.

so what offset makes the front end wider and narrower?

i dont want to go any narrower lol 4:1, am i right?

Zakradu398
02-07-2013, 06:29 PM
3:2 is wider I believe. Will add 2" extra total as opposed to 4:1.

All they mean is 4" inside and 1" outside. Same goes for any other offsets.

Zakradu398
02-07-2013, 06:31 PM
But, with 4:1 you will have less bump steer and greater handling. I have. 4:1 wheels and +2 arms and it is just perfect for woods.

ben300
02-07-2013, 06:32 PM
3:2 is wider I believe. Will add 2" extra total as opposed to 4:1.

All they mean is 4" inside and 1" outside. Same goes for any other offsets.

thats what i thought. i just wanted to make it a little wider. im not gonna get a-arms because im going to run sport class this year, and then bump up to a 450 next year, so a-arms to me is just unnecessary money at this time.

HondaRacing83
02-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Im buying the same rear beadlocks then just getting black gforce xc1 front rims. front beadlocks arent really needed more of a want

ben300
02-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
Im buying the same rear beadlocks then just getting black gforce xc1 front rims. front beadlocks arent really needed more of a want

i think they're definitely a must have for xc racing...i mean, i ran all my races last year on stock rims and they held up fine, but i didnt hit rocks as hard as i will with my new rims.....i'll probably eventually get the generic, tire ball like, inflatable balls from walmart to fill my fronts

you gonna actually race this year?

chronicsmoke
02-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by ben300
i think they're definitely a must have for xc racing...i mean, i ran all my races last year on stock rims and they held up fine, but i didnt hit rocks as hard as i will with my new rims.....i'll probably eventually get the generic, tire ball like, inflatable balls from walmart to fill my fronts

you gonna actually race this year?

^X2.. I've only ever bent front rims through the bush..

I'd go to the 3-2 offset, an inch wider isn't too bad and it'll may handel better being wider despite the added leferage at the spindle.. You want the front a tad wider than the rear anyway.

Zakradu398
02-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
^X2.. I've only ever bent front rims through the bush..

I'd go to the 3-2 offset, an inch wider isn't too bad and it'll may handel better being wider despite the added leferage at the spindle.. You want the front a tad wider than the rear anyway.

If I did it again I'd go 3:2.. My stock axle is just as wide as +2 a arms and 4:1 wheels.

ben300
02-08-2013, 12:05 PM
If I did it again I'd go 3:2.. My stock axle is just as wide as +2 a arms and 4:1 wheels.

im sold....so i guess now the question is, do i get the hiper CF1 fronts, or the DWT rock'n'lock fronts.....only abourt $40 price difference

Zakradu398
02-08-2013, 12:19 PM
ChAmpion in a box !

ben300
02-08-2013, 12:35 PM
ChAmpion in a box !

well that kits is about worhtless to me now, since i have the rears already lol...ill probably end up getting hte DWT fronts and saving that $40 for something esle fancy down the road (i do need some new hand guars, maybe some cyrca pro bends?:devil: )

punk rock kiel
02-08-2013, 03:42 PM
to save yourself some *****ing in the long run, you should get some hardened washers from lowes and put them on between the wheel and lugnut so the face of the lugnut doesnt tear into the wheel and "mushroom" it inwards and make it fun to get the wheel off. plus it keeps the wheel looking new.
my hipers are 2 years old and the lugnut holes look brand new from doing this.

TacicalRedneck
02-08-2013, 04:46 PM
I'd get the DWT fronts- their more durable than hipers but i do like the look of hipers. You may want to get a mud plug for at least the rear rims- mud gets under that bead and its a pain to get out.

trx400Rider
02-08-2013, 05:34 PM
I run those rims on my 450r with the lugs flipped and washers, only because i dont want to scratch the paint off lol.

HondaRacing83
02-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Yeah ben im gonna try and make it to atleast a few awrcs races. Kinda came to my senses and was goin through some confusing **** but quads and hunting are my love and nature. Theres a set of graphics i want on ebay, then dwt beadlocks then gforce xc front rims then cycra probends is my current list right now.

HondaRacing83
02-08-2013, 06:47 PM
hey man last i knew 250x_kyle had a set of black front itp bajas 3:2 offset in black for like $50 if i remember correctly

ben300
02-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by punk rock kiel
to save yourself some *****ing in the long run, you should get some hardened washers from lowes and put them on between the wheel and lugnut so the face of the lugnut doesnt tear into the wheel and "mushroom" it inwards and make it fun to get the wheel off. plus it keeps the wheel looking new.
my hipers are 2 years old and the lugnut holes look brand new from doing this.

i will definitely do this then. sounds like a solid idea!

ben300
02-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by TacicalRedneck
I'd get the DWT fronts- their more durable than hipers but i do like the look of hipers. You may want to get a mud plug for at least the rear rims- mud gets under that bead and its a pain to get out.

i already got the mud plugs on order. i saw a ton of guys last year at races run without mud plugs and their wheels would just get packed with mud!!

ben300
02-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
Yeah ben im gonna try and make it to atleast a few awrcs races. Kinda came to my senses and was goin through some confusing **** but quads and hunting are my love and nature. Theres a set of graphics i want on ebay, then dwt beadlocks then gforce xc front rims then cycra probends is my current list right now.

good! hopefully ill see you at a couple of the closer AWRC's. ill probably run 4-5 of them. with 1 race basically per month, it makes it pretty easy to hit them all.

you should check out the PAXC series. they haven't announced their schedule yet, but the guys the put the series say they're gonna announce the dates for this season soon. first race is supposed to be mid april, and they're supposed to co sanction with GNCC again this year for the foxburg race and possibly the mountaineer race.

im gonna get the cyrca pro bends as well. i was gonna get powermadds this time around, but i feel that the cyrca is just better protection.

HondaRacing83
02-08-2013, 08:45 PM
yeah i think its round 5,9, and 10 that are closest if they havnt changed the schedule since last year. i never looked into paxc, how close are they? and theres a poker run in ohio me and my dad and a few buddies are goin on. its in hopedale ohio you should check it out. yeah i have acerbis wrap arounds now and they dont cover much i want cycras but they sure are pricy.