PDA

View Full Version : CT Racing full exhaust

hondaREX
02-06-2013, 07:04 PM
I bumped into a local guy that has a full system for sale. Looked to be ceramic coated. In overall good shape. The cap on the end had what looks like a wheelie rash on it. Nothing bad. Cap and discs appeared to be staright with muffler can. What i believe to be 12 discs. Muffler and header looked perfect. Marmon clamp at the joint which i was impressed with. If anybody is interested in it let me know. I said no because i just got a full Sparks and the CT was more than i wanted to pay to compare to the Sparks. Hes asking $325 no budging. Figure i could ship it for $25. So $350 and ill get it and pass it along. $500 new. Let me know. If someone is interested ill get ahold of him and tell him to hold it. Were expecting a blizzard, 12-24 inches, up here in New England so it would be a few days before i have it in my hands. If nobody chimes in i might still get it after the storm when i have more money. I should be in a plow truck till Sunday, OVERTIME baby!!!

JOHNDOE83
02-07-2013, 01:46 PM
not worth it in my opinion, hollow out your slip on and grind your header welds and your exhaust will be just as good.

I would never spend the money on a aftermarket exhaust unless the pipe diameter was signifigantly bigger then stock.

Stock 400ex header with ground welds and any hollowed out or shorty slipon is just as good as the most expensive exhaust you can buy.

for 400ex's anyway.

DragonGunner
02-07-2013, 02:13 PM
I love CT Racing but the Ceramic Coated ones are junk. I know, I bought a brand new one from them, full exhaust. About 4 yrs and it rusted completely out!!! Outside looked great....lol. I still have the header, but its rusty and VERY thin, wouldn't last much longer. The part that goes up to the aluminum exhasut case is what just fell apart in rust. When I called CT it was going to be a long wait, and they weren't making that part, Ceramic anymore....wonder why.....so it was back to the White Brothers and stock header....I would stay clear of everything Ceramic coated.....stick with Stainless.