PDA

View Full Version : K&N jet kit problems

keith mcdonald
03-14-2003, 11:38 AM
Has anyone had trouble with the needle jet being too rich? Ihave a250ex with a WB e series pipe ,a Web racing cam,K&N filter and jet kit.The problem I am having is a really rich spot just off idle.I have the needle in the top groove and Ican't use the disk in my muffler.Icalled K&N about it and they told me that the WB pipe pulls to much fuel past the needle.My friend also has a 250ex with the same jet kit and I compared needles and his has asmoother taper than mine[mine has apretty drastic step in the middle of it].PLEASE HELP ME WHAT SHOULD I DO !!!!!!!

AtvMxRider
03-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Put your stock needle back in and try it.

keith mcdonald
03-14-2003, 01:01 PM
I did and it runs good just really lean.I was thinking about getting a smaller pilot jet in to compenste.Whatdo you think?If anyone has a web address for K&N please let me know so i can e-mail acomplaint.

AtvMxRider
03-14-2003, 01:06 PM
You can try dropping the pilot and see how it does.

250exen
03-14-2003, 01:06 PM
hey,
how does the web cam perform. i didnt know they made one...

put stock needle and go up to a 107.5 main jet. dont know if cam would change jetting, it might then you could go up some.
ive got a 107.5 main and a t-4 and k&n filter.

tj

keith mcdonald
03-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Check out Web cams on EX link page.So far so good on cam I just put it in last night.No easy job though but performance feels up Ineed to go up 1 or 2 mains

Dusty
03-26-2003, 11:50 PM
Just so you and everyone else knows, The early jet kits (at least as explained to me by DynoJet) for the 250ex had a typo in the parts list for the needle. So the wrong needle was supplied with the kit. If you call DynoJet (the number should be on the packaging), they will send you a new one. The correct needle looks almost exactly like the stock needle with a few more clip positions.

Brian

lonestar330ex
03-28-2003, 11:18 AM
I had the same problem on my quad did u ue the jet kit needle cuz mine was runni rich and i used the stock needle and it runs fine

keith mcdonald
03-29-2003, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the tip I will call them today. 250EX'S ROCK WHEN THEY'RE NOT STOCK !!!

keith mcdonald
03-31-2003, 11:30 AM
I called Dynojet today and they are sending me a new needle.:) I would like to thank every one for the info.

Dusty
04-01-2003, 11:56 PM
Hey Keith,

When you get that thing jetted right, I'm sure we would all like to here your impressions of that cam.

Thanx,
Brian

White_Knuckles
04-07-2003, 04:18 PM
If your lean or fat in the idle circuit tweak the "fuel screw" start somewhere around 2 - 2.5 turns out from seat. Procircuit advised not changing the stock pilot but crank out (or in) the fuel screw as it effects more than idle. Raise the main: 98-102 and if still lean in the mid-range shim the stock needle up (raise) with 2-3 washers. I think the WB pipe has similar flow with their T-4.

Airbox mods are needed for the higher jetting #'s. K&N filters without lid pull the highest jet. I went UNI/lid on with just the snorkle inlet opened up. 98 main @ 2600-3700 ft. T-4 and still the plug burns a little rich. Runs great, no lag. I used Kiehin jets, Dynojets run about one size larger.

Post your break through's